+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for CCB as Temporary Resident

Gno67u

May 4, 2022
Good day,
I am trying to determine how and who has to apply for the CCB. I have been on a work permit since May 2016 and tax resident for the majority of that time. My family moved here in Dec 2018 putting my eligibility date in July 2020. I did not file at that time and went on implied status in Oct 2020 and did not receive a new work permit until May 2022. My wife has been on a visitor record for her duration here and does not have a SIN.
My question is, can she apply for the CCB since she is a visitor w/o SIN or do I need to apply?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day,
I am trying to determine how and who has to apply for the CCB. I have been on a work permit since May 2016 and tax resident for the majority of that time. My family moved here in Dec 2018 putting my eligibility date in July 2020. I did not file at that time and went on implied status in Oct 2020 and did not receive a new work permit until May 2022. My wife has been on a visitor record for her duration here and does not have a SIN.
My question is, can she apply for the CCB since she is a visitor w/o SIN or do I need to apply?
You need to apply (not her).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day,
Good day,
Could you elaborate on your implied status? What permit did you have before Oct 2020? What permit do you have now? 1.5 years is a long time on implied status.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Good day,
I am on close work permit, can I apply CCB for my kids please?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am on close work permit, can I apply CCB for my kids please?
If you meet eligibility requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/child-family-benefits/canada-child-benefit-overview/canada-child-benefit-before-you-apply.html#who

• a temporary resident who has lived in Canada for the previous 18 months, and who has a valid permit in the 19th month other than one that states "does not confer status" or "does not confer temporary resident status"

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Important that you have to meet all the requirements not just the 18 months To qualify for CCB.

• You live with a child who is under 18 years of age
  • You are primarily responsible for the care and upbringing of the child
    See who is primarily responsible
  • You are a resident of Canada for tax purposes
  • You or your spouse or common-law partner must be any of the following:
    • a Canadian citizen
    • a permanent resident
    • a protected person
    • a temporary resident who has lived in Canada for the previous 18 months, and who has a valid permit in the 19th month other than one that states "does not confer status" or "does not confer temporary resident status"
    • an individual who is registered, or entitled to be registered under the Indian Act