+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for canadian study visa for sept 2016! pakistani students

Gotham

Jun 17, 2016
Hello everyone,

I applied for my student visa on June 24th via paper based application from Lahore. I have not received my medicals yet. Do you guys know what is the average processing time these days?

Did anyone receive medicals yet? How long after medicals can we expect to get visa?

Appreciate your help.

SYSyed

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th July 2016
Doc's Request.
submitted
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
passed on 3-8-2016
Interview........
none yet
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Gotham processing time for Pakistan is 14 weeks and some of us got medicals calls. Have you linked your application online?

Gotham

Jun 17, 2016
No I haven't actually. How do you link your application online?

And those who got the medicals, do you know when did they apply? Following medicals, how many days after do you get passport back?

SYSyed

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th July 2016
Doc's Request.
submitted
IELTS Request
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
passed on 3-8-2016
Interview........
none yet
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Gotham said:
No I haven't actually. How do you link your application online?

And those who got the medicals, do you know when did they apply? Following medicals, how many days after do you get passport back?
u can go to cic page, make an account there and link ur application online
from different ppl's post i have gathered that some people got medical call after one month or if the medical was upfront it was passed. I dont know when do they give passport back

waitistough

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
01-07-2016
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
I have applied on 30th June and haven't got medical call yet. Please give update like this to keep this on tome

hr31

Star Member
May 20, 2015
i applied on 15th june (paper application) and still waiting for medical call. i tried to link my application online but every time i got message that no application found. anyone had this issue before??

ISB To Kamloops

Aug 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
File Transfer...
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Applied 31 May (Paper based) from ISB (no upfront medicals) , haven't heard anything from the embassy yet, seems like I'll have to deffer my semester if nothing comes along in the next week or so. Really frustrated!

ISB To Kamloops

Aug 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
File Transfer...
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
hr31 said:
i applied on 15th june (paper application) and still waiting for medical call. i tried to link my application online but every time i got message that no application found. anyone had this issue before??
I had the same issue about a month ago, inquired them about the problem they replied that maybe the application is not entered into their system.After a couple of days i was able to link it. I hope you know the procedure to link your application though?

hr31

Star Member
May 20, 2015
ISB To Kamloops said:
I had the same issue about a month ago, inquired them about the problem they replied that maybe the application is not entered into their system.After a couple of days i was able to link it. I hope you know the procedure to link your application though?
thanks for your reply ISB To Kamloops. yeah i know the the procedure. I also applied through VFS islamabad centre.

Gotham

Jun 17, 2016
Guys any updates? Did anyone among the june group received medical calls? I am getting tense now..... I need to be in Canada by end of August.

Rockonplease

Jun 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 April 2016
For anyone looking to save some time:

I applied online on 26 April and on 25 July did my medical exam without getting my medical call. My medical status was changed to "under review" on 27 July and just yesterday it became "passed".

I still haven't been formally contacted by CIC and don't know when they will make the final decision about my application. But at least my medicals are out of the way now.

waitistough

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
01-07-2016
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Rockonplease said:
For anyone looking to save some time:

I applied online on 26 April and on 25 July did my medical exam without getting my medical call. My medical status was changed to "under review" on 27 July and just yesterday it became "passed".

I still haven't been formally contacted by CIC and don't know when they will make the final decision about my application. But at least my medicals are out of the way now.
Nice one mate

ISB To Kamloops

Aug 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
File Transfer...
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
In all seriousness can we (paper based applicants) do what rockonplease is saying upthere?. I'm strongly considering this option if I dont get my medical call before Friday. Just send them my medicals anyways, what do you guys think?

waitistough

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
01-07-2016
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
ISB To Kamloops said:
In all seriousness can we (paper based applicants) do what rockonplease is saying upthere?. I'm strongly considering this option if I dont get my medical call before Friday. Just send them my medicals anyways, what do you guys think?
You can give it a try. but keep this in mind that medical without request takes longer time. You will need to book a date for your medical I think. You can't do just by walk in. Your turn will come in about 10 to 12 days after booking, that's what I have heard.
Rockonplease is in a better position to clarify the time-frame of medical done without request.

ambersabarabia

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
hi i am pakistani i got admission in post graduate diploma course in centennial college, i applied for visa on 6 june and today i received email for refusal.. i have not got the letter so that i cud know the reasons for rejection uptil now. i wish to reapply, please give me advise what steps i shud take to ruleout the cause of rejection
regards