+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Canadian PR, please advice

STAmisha

Apr 26, 2006
USA
My friend wants to apply for Canadian PR. He is an Indian National working in USA since 1998 as Software Engineer and he is on H1 visa

1)Does he need to take IELTS? When I applied in 2005, I did not take IELTS, I just submitted a written letter regarding my proficiency in English

2)Does he need to submit original educational transcripts in sealed envelope? He has original transcripts but he does not have them in sealed envelope.
Can he submit notarized copies instead of original?

Thanks

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
STAmisha said:
My friend wants to apply for Canadian PR. He is an Indian National working in USA since 1998 as Software Engineer and he is on H1 visa

1)Does he need to take IELTS? When I applied in 2005, I did not take IELTS, I just submitted a written letter regarding my proficiency in English

He can do the same thing you did - submitting a declaration regarding English proficiency. However, the discretion for the IELTS waiver is entirely up to the Immigration Officer, and IELTS waiver is done on a case-by-case basis.

All the same, your friend should be prepared to take the IELTS if the immigration officer handling his case requests that he does.

2)Does he need to submit original educational transcripts in sealed envelope? He has original transcripts but he does not have them in sealed envelope.
Can he submit notarized copies instead of original?

The transcripts must be originals and in their respective sealed envelopes.

Thanks