+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for canada study visa

hakimade

Apr 28, 2020
Please help me am about to apply for Canada study visa

Am a Nigerian living in South Africa, am married with no kids yet, I study English Language and Literature, Awarded Bachelor of Arts (Education) with Total Credits 174.0 and GPA: 3.31, I have 4 years Work Experience as a Early childhood educator, and 3 years Work Experience as a Volunteer Sewing Instructor (They are both separate Institution)I have been chosen to study Master of Arts in Child and Youth Study at Mount Saint Vincent University. International student school fee is CAD 11,0000 my husband ready to pay CAD 4000 ( part payment of my school fee ) before submission of visa and I got over CAD 11,000 sitting in my account over 6 months meant to be used as living expensive while studying

1) Have previously submit for Canada Express Entry (with 341 point in the pool) but still pending : Can I apply for Canada study visa while my Canada Express application is still pending?

2) My immigration status in South Africa says VISIT with a condition to work as Sewing Instructor and will expire 2022: Should I state in my study visa application form that I work as Volunteer Sewing Instructor or Early childhood educator? or Both?( Note I did state I work as an Early childhood educator and Volunteer Sewing Instructor in my Canada Express Entry profile).

3) My husband younger sisters are permanent resident holder in Canada and are ready to sponsor me: Can I say they are my relative? should I use them as my sponsor?

4) I got only marriage certificate as proof of ties: What else can I use as proof of ties (I got no property yet)?

Ameenee

Jul 5, 2018
I am an auditor and I applied for student visa last year (May and June 2019)and I was refused twice. In my opinion, reason for this was a US visa denial in March last year. So I intend to reapply again but this time around, some significant changes have occurred:
1. Last SP application I was married, now I am divorced
2. Last SP application was to be sponsored by my husband, now it is my employer
3. My employer has also changed, I now have a new employer since September 2019
4. I am also considering using another school because the former school says the course (Info Security Management) is no longer on offer
5. Lastly, I have an express entry profile, will this impact the VO's decision?

Please can someone advise me on my potential chance for the SP? Thanks

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I am an auditor and I applied for student visa last year (May and June 2019)and I was refused twice. In my opinion, reason for this was a US visa denial in March last year. So I intend to reapply again but this time around, some significant changes have occurred:
1. Last SP application I was married, now I am divorced
2. Last SP application was to be sponsored by my husband, now it is my employer
3. My employer has also changed, I now have a new employer since September 2019
4. I am also considering using another school because the former school says the course (Info Security Management) is no longer on offer
5. Lastly, I have an express entry profile, will this impact the VO's decision?

Please can someone advise me on my potential chance for the SP? Thanks
Well first of all, you've been refused twice already on top of a US visa refusal which does not bode well for you whatsoever. On top of that, so many things are changing for you that it almost looks like you're willing to do almost anything to get into Canada. I would take a step back here and take some time before applying again. Order to visa officer notes and reapply accordingly.

Reactions: Ameenee