+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Canada PR after ITA without PCC

shankb

Jun 19, 2018
I have just one week left before my ITA expires and the Indian Embassy in SF has not yet sent me the PCC (Its been more than one month). Does any of you know if its okay to apply without PCC and just mention the reason in the letter? I don't know when the next ITA will come if i decline it so i dont want to. PCC is the only document that is missing for me. Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
If you cannot get a police certificate in time
If you’re invited to apply, you have 90 days to submit your application for permanent residence. If you do not have all your police certificates by the 90-day deadline, you have 2 options:

Option 1: Decline your invitation to apply
Your profile will go back in the pool. Depending on your score, you may be invited to apply again.

Option 2: Prove you applied for the police certificate
In very rare cases, we may accept both a letter of explanation and proof that shows you made your best effort to get a police certificate on time.

You can upload this in the country-specific police certificate field of your document checklist. Examples of proof:

• a confirmation receipt
  • a payment receipt
  • a delivery notice
  • a tracking number
An officer will review your application. If they’re not satisfied that you made your best effort, your application may be rejected for being incomplete.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

shankb

Jun 19, 2018
Thank you for the quick reply!
For PCC, the embassy doesn't send proof of receipt and the only way we know if the PCC is processed is when we receive a call from embassy. I have the tracking number of the documents that i sent and an email notification of that delivery. You think this would suffice along with the letter?
I have the emails that i sent to the embassy asking for an update but no reply on that so I'm not sure that counts a proof.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
For PCC, the embassy doesn't send proof of receipt and the only way we know if the PCC is processed is when we receive a call from embassy. I have the tracking number of the documents that i sent and an email notification of that delivery. You think this would suffice along with the letter?
I have the emails that i sent to the embassy asking for an update but no reply on that so I'm not sure that counts a proof.
From your reply, I don't see you have enough proofs to ascertain that you tried your best to obtain the PCC. It is best to decline this ITA and get the PCC ready before the next ITA. I am assuming that you have enough points for the next 1 or 2 draws.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I have just one week left before my ITA expires and the Indian Embassy in SF has not yet sent me the PCC (Its been more than one month). Does any of you know if its okay to apply without PCC and just mention the reason in the letter? I don't know when the next ITA will come if i decline it so i dont want to. PCC is the only document that is missing for me. Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.
In my experience, CIC will not consider the request for the delay in PCC in case of Indian PCC as it is quite easy to get it. You get 90 days to submit the application and based on the information you provided, it looks like you were late in applying for the PCC. If you have a good enough CRS to make the cut, I'd suggest to decline the ITA.

ismaildxb

Oct 25, 2018
Hi All

Can anyone help me in PCC. I have worked in Dubai from 2004 to 2012, while leaving Dubai i have Debt in my Credit card. As a defaulter I will not get PCC from Dubai. How to explain this to CIC.

I will pay the Debt once I settle down.

milin4ever

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Can someone let me know what this suggests?

PCC application has been granted on 04/12/2018. Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent. PCC needs to be collected from the Passport Seva Kendra where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Regional Passport Office. The applicant would receive an e-mail/sms once the PCC is ready for collection.

Will I be called at police station for verification or will they do it online and give me SMS for PCC collection?

SoniaJav

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Hi All

Can anyone help me in PCC. I have worked in Dubai from 2004 to 2012, while leaving Dubai i have Debt in my Credit card. As a defaulter I will not get PCC from Dubai. How to explain this to CIC.

You cant skip the PCC. You need to provide one. With a criminal record or without. If you dont want to provide a pcc from dubai...you need to explain the reasons in a Letter of Explaination (LOE).

jankin

Feb 18, 2021
Hi

Did they process ur PR? I am in the same boat. Embassy is not open die to the pandemic. Please reply.

Allhelp

Jun 10, 2021
Hi All

Were you able to get PR or PCC done?