Visa Office......
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/restoration-extension.html

There were were some updates for people whose status had expired after Jan 2020 .

Now you will have till December to restore your status . I have a questions in regards to this . Can I apply for a bridge open work permit after my work permit expires ? Or does it have to be before it expires? My girlfriends work permit expires on the first week of September and she hasn’t received her ITA yet , she will most likely get it the next time , her score is 461 ( cec).

Any tips or advice for her situation ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/restoration-extension.html

There were were some updates for people whose status had expired after Jan 2020 .

Now you will have till December to restore your status . I have a questions in regards to this . Can I apply for a bridge open work permit after my work permit expires ? Or does it have to be before it expires? My girlfriends work permit expires on the first week of September and she hasn’t received her ITA yet , she will most likely get it the next time , her score is 461 ( cec).

You must be holding a valid work permit at the time you apply for a BOWP. You unfortunately cannot apply for a BOWP once your work permit has expired.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Just to clarify, the temporary rules announced that you provided the link to above allow someone to restore their status beyond 90 days. However if your work permit has expired, this would only allow you to restore your status to visitor (unless you have an approved LMIA). And for a BOWP to be approved, you must apply while you still have a valid work permit. So unfortunately this new rule doesn't solve for the problem you are facing.

bpink

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Just to clarify, the temporary rules announced that you provided the link to above allow someone to restore their status beyond 90 days. However if your work permit has expired, this would only allow you to restore your status to visitor (unless you have an approved LMIA). And for a BOWP to be approved, you must apply while you still have a valid work permit. So unfortunately this new rule doesn't solve for the problem you are facing.
Hello! question related to the post above, is it possible to submit online BOWP say a week or two before the expiration of PGWP? or does it have to be atleast 30days before? Thank you!

jackielouruiz

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
Hi, i have been following you and have provided me so much help for my own pr, thanks so much. However, a friend of mine needs clarification, we did see in the BOWP requirements that you can apply for even with an expired work permit but with maintained status as a visitor. That still works right? She received here ITA the day her work permit expires. Thanks a lot!:)