Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

So, I was in canada under a study permit and after finishing my post grad studies, I got a Post Grad Work Permit for 3 years which has allowed me to stay here longer. However, this will require me to extend my visa which was for a limited time under the student status. I go through CIC online and end up with IMM 5257E , which has sort of a "misleading" title ; Application for a TRV made outside Canada (I'm inside canada obviously and have filled so in the questionnaire), am I doing this right?

If so, the form is a bit confusing to me at three points :

1. Page-1: Visa Requested - "Visitor Visa" , and at the same page, Status - "Worker" (The other option says Transit so I guess this must be it unless I'm missing something, or should I select student at status? I currently do have the work permit so I guess worker, I'm just trying to double check)

2. Page-2: Purpose of Visit - "Returning Worker" . I'm a little confused here. I'm migrating to worker status, I'm not "returning" as a worker per se.

3. Page-2: Funds Available - I just typed in 12,000 which is roundabout the same amount required for a year. But my parents have that much, it's not in my bank account. Which do you think should be an appropriate amount.

P.S: Do you think It'd be a good idea to mention I might visit my uncle in gatineau, quebec?

mcrystald

Aug 4, 2014
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Shadh,

I just wanted to know if they gave you the visa. Im currently going through the same process and I do not know how much funds to say I have available to stay in Canada.

Please advise.

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

shadh said:
Hi,

So, I was in canada under a study permit and after finishing my post grad studies, I got a Post Grad Work Permit for 3 years which has allowed me to stay here longer. However, this will require me to extend my visa which was for a limited time under the student status. I go through CIC online and end up with IMM 5257E , which has sort of a "misleading" title ; Application for a TRV made outside Canada (I'm inside canada obviously and have filled so in the questionnaire), am I doing this right?

If so, the form is a bit confusing to me at three points :

1. Page-1: Visa Requested - "Visitor Visa" , and at the same page, Status - "Worker" (The other option says Transit so I guess this must be it unless I'm missing something, or should I select student at status? I currently do have the work permit so I guess worker, I'm just trying to double check)

2. Page-2: Purpose of Visit - "Returning Worker" . I'm a little confused here. I'm migrating to worker status, I'm not "returning" as a worker per se.

3. Page-2: Funds Available - I just typed in 12,000 which is roundabout the same amount required for a year. But my parents have that much, it's not in my bank account. Which do you think should be an appropriate amount.

P.S: Do you think It'd be a good idea to mention I might visit my uncle in gatineau, quebec?
1. Follow the instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp
2. You are a worker.
3. That is fine.
4. Not necessary.