+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a Tourist visa while being in EE pool

Badr

Jun 2, 2016
Hi everyone, I have a question that I searched a lot for but was not able to find any answers for it. I am going to apply for a tourist visa in a few months but i have an EE profile already in the EE pool. My question is will my profile affect my tourist visa application in any way? because one of the major requirement for the visitor visa approval is to convince the visa officer that you will go back to your country, but by being in the pool shows your intent to travel and live in Canada. So I want to know if my profile will affect my application or not. FYI, I do not intend to overstay in Canada and i will leave before the visa ends, I just want to go there check the market and maybe attend some interviews. your answers are very appreciated, Thanks ;D .

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Badr said:
Hi everyone, I have a question that I searched a lot for but was not able to find any answers for it. I am going to apply for a tourist visa in a few months but i have an EE profile already in the EE pool. My question is will my profile affect my tourist visa application in any way? because one of the major requirement for the visitor visa approval is to convince the visa officer that you will go back to your country, but by being in the pool shows your intent to travel and live in Canada. So I want to know if my profile will affect my application or not. FYI, I do not intend to overstay in Canada and i will leave before the visa ends, I just want to go there check the market and maybe attend some interviews. your answers are very appreciated, Thanks ;D .
The tourist visa is unlikely to be issued for the purpose you have mentioned
However you can post your question in VISITORS discussion thread

Ebitee

May 18, 2015
Hi,
I do not think being in the EE pool will diminish your chances of securing a tourist visa. I allied for and was issued a four year, multiple entry visa in 2016, despite being in the EE pool.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Someone had mentioned about dual intention on another post. Many of us here (including me) are aspiring to be permanent residents in Canada without even setting foot inside the country. We are taking a big gamble by leaving our lives in the hope of starting a new life.

If you apply for a tourist visa, you could say that you want to visit the country before deciding if permanent residence is for you.