+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a Study visa in SDS category after 2 visitor visa rejections in 2020

STEELQ

Dec 31, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend who is currently in India is applying for a Summer 2022 Study visa to Canada. She got admitted into Lambton college, Toronto for a Postgraduate 2-year program with a co-op. She is going to apply from Student Direct Stream Category(SDS). She satisfies all eligibility requirements for the SDS category. Right now, She is working in India and has around 4 years of experience in the IT industry. She selected the program in Lambton college, Toronto on cloud computing and Big data.

The challenge here is: I applied for her visitor visa in January 2020 and got rejected. I kept only minimal documentation without knowledge. So I applied again with an attorney in July 2020 for visiting me for 2 weeks in Canada. Unfortunately, both times, the visitor's visa got rejected for her. I applied for an AITP request and got her GCMS notes. The rejection reason mentioned by the visa officer is as below,

Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant's incentives to remain in
Canada may outweigh their ties to their home country.
The applicant's purpose of visit appears vague.
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the
end of the period authorized for their stay.

For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

Will this visitor visa rejection hurt her study visa application which we are applying for her in October 2021? If so, how to address it? Is it good to consult with an attorney for addressing this? What are her chances of study permit approval? Also please share your experience if you got a visa approved from a similar situation.

Background on me: She is my girlfriend. I'm a Permanent Resident Of Canada from January 2021.

Any suggestions/feedback is highly appreciated.