+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a study permit when you are on a visitor visa in Canada

been911

Jun 28, 2014
Hi everyone,

My story is very long but I will try to sum it up in short. I graduated from McMaster University and went back to my home country of Saudi Arabia. I am back in Toronto, Canada on a visitor's visa and recently got accepted to a Master's degree in the Memorial University of Newfoundland which I plan to attend. Therefore, I needed to apply for a Study Permit. Now, the current system does not allow ONLINE APPLICATION in my case and only allows me to apply to the Riyadh, Saudi Arabia office, or to the Los Angeles visa office. I chose Riyadh because the processing times are shorter. I applied by mail to the visa office in Riyadh but my application was returned because'' Biometrics payment of 85$'' was not submitted. Ok, so now I can't afford a return ticket back to Saudi Arabia for the sole purpose of providing my biometrics at a VAC office there! My question is if i reapply by mail and enclose 85$ biometrics fee, will I be restricted to provide biometrics to a VAC office in Saudi Arabia only, or is it possible to go to the nearest ASC (Application Support Center) in Buffalo, NY and provide the biometrics there? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME because time is flying and I have no idea what to do next :-[

k.m.elzeiny1995

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
dubai - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
abu Dhabi visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi ,

you have to submit bric in the same office that you applied to , . also its better to email Canadian embassy in Saudi Arabia and tell them about your case . they will tell you the right answer .

Fujrawiii

May 22, 2014
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates - Online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Med's Request
Waved Off
Passport Req..
25-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
LANDED..........
Inn Shaa Allah soon!!!
i dont think so we need to apply biometric at same office... becoz my life was launched via online.. and it said:

What you need to do next?
You need to visit a biometric collection service point, such as a Visa Application Centre (VAC), in person to
have your fingerprints and photograph taken. If you are in the United Sates, you may go to the closest USCIS
Application Support center (ASC) office of the address you provided on your application form.
You can find a complete list of biometric collection service points as well as the hours of operation on the
website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada at: http : / / www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

So figure out what u can do :)