+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a study permit in Canada document checklist!

dwdapple

Apr 18, 2022
I entered Canada with my tourist visa. I am applying for a student permit . The list of materials from the visa office is as follows:

1 Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Student (IMM5709) (required) (Opens a new window)

2 Certificate d'acceptation du Québec (CAQ) (required)

3 Passport (required)

4 Marriage certificate/certificate (required)

5 Proof of Financial Support (required)

6 Digital photo (required)

7 Online application using a family member representative (IMM5713) (required)

8 Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
9 Client Information
10Letter of Acceptance (required)

materials my husband needsmy hasband:

1Application, Length of Stay or Temporary Resident Stay (IMM5708) (required

2passpot

3 imm5257b_1 (1).pdf Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)

4Customer Information

Is there anything else I'm missing in my case?
Is the list sufficient

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I entered Canada with my tourist visa. I am applying for a student permit . The list of materials from the visa office is as follows:

1 Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Student (IMM5709) (required) (Opens a new window)

2 Certificate d'acceptation du Québec (CAQ) (required)

3 Passport (required)

4 Marriage certificate/certificate (required)

5 Proof of Financial Support (required)

6 Digital photo (required)

7 Online application using a family member representative (IMM5713) (required)

8 Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
9 Client Information
10Letter of Acceptance (required)

materials my husband needsmy hasband:

1Application, Length of Stay or Temporary Resident Stay (IMM5708) (required

2passpot

3 imm5257b_1 (1).pdf Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)

4Customer Information

Is there anything else I'm missing in my case?
Is the list sufficient
That's the wrong application. Since you are in Canada on TRVs, you don't meet any of the conditions to apply for a study permit from within Canada. You have to follow the outside of Canada process here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/apply.html

dwdapple

Apr 18, 2022
It is true that I am on a tourist visa, but I completed a short-term language class, and got an admission notice for the professional class, as well as a CAQ. So I applied for a study permit in China. I compound this rule: you completed a short-term course or study program required to be accepted at a DLI

dwdapple

Apr 18, 2022
[/引用]
That's the wrong application. Since you are in Canada on TRVs, you don't meet any of the conditions to apply for a study permit from within Canada. You have to follow the outside of Canada process here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/apply.html
It is true that I am on a tourist visa, but I completed a short-term language class, and got an admission notice for the professional class, as well as a CAQ. So I applied for a study permit in China. I compound this rule: you completed a short-term course or study program required to be accepted at a DLI