+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for a study permit at the port of entry from united states

TL88!

Aug 8, 2014
Has anyone applied for a study permit venturing from the united states via a port of entry? Could you let me know if you "dropped it in" at the port of entry or was there any processing there-how much time did it take? (I see that you have to have the documents, payment, whatever) anyone done it or know?

starsup

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2014
Med's Request
05-08-2014
Med's Done....
17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting for passport return
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
TL88! said:
Has anyone applied for a study permit venturing from the united states via a port of entry? Could you let me know if you "dropped it in" at the port of entry or was there any processing there-how much time did it take? (I see that you have to have the documents, payment, whatever) anyone done it or know?
I believe only USA citizens and permanent residents have this privilege, you can just cross the border with your admission letter, fee payment receipt and proof of funds to cover your costs and will be granted SP at POE...

Vishnu__05

Oct 16, 2023
Hi, I am a citizen of the U.S but have lived in another country for many years. Do they issue the study permit immediately if all my documents are in order? Lastly, my DLI is present in Winnipeg, Manitoba so could I fly there directly and get my SP done in Winnipeg International Airport or somewhere else ?
I really need some help. Thank you.