+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a second time, a couple of questions, please help

ZacAva

Oct 29, 2019
Hi there,

I was rejected in my previous application for PR. This time, when filling the online forms, I feel confused with a couple of questions. Can anyone offer help?

In the section of immigration history, I answered "YES", and then I need to put in a "Permanent Residence File number". I didn't find such a number in the previous materials. Is this the same to Express Entry Profile number? Or should put "none"?

In the section of immigration history for my spouse, Unique Client Identifier is also required to be given. Since my spouse was not the major applicant in our previous application, does she have such an identifier? Or she shared the same identifier as mine?

My mother-in-law is visiting us and living with us together in Canada right now. She is stuck in Canada because of the Covid-19 pandemic. In the family section, we need to answer her country of residence. Should we choose Canada or her home country?

Our previous application was 6 months ago, we hope our materials are still valid. Can anyone confirm police certificates are still valid as long as we have not left Canada since they are issued?

Many thanks!!!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi there,

I was rejected in my previous application for PR. This time, when filling the online forms, I feel confused with a couple of questions. Can anyone offer help?

In the section of immigration history, I answered "YES", and then I need to put in a "Permanent Residence File number". I didn't find such a number in the previous materials. Is this the same to Express Entry Profile number? Or should put "none"?

In the section of immigration history for my spouse, Unique Client Identifier is also required to be given. Since my spouse was not the major applicant in our previous application, does she have such an identifier? Or she shared the same identifier as mine?

My mother-in-law is visiting us and living with us together in Canada right now. She is stuck in Canada because of the Covid-19 pandemic. In the family section, we need to answer her country of residence. Should we choose Canada or her home country?

Our previous application was 6 months ago, we hope our materials are still valid. Can anyone confirm police certificates are still valid as long as we have not left Canada since they are issued?

Many thanks!!!
UCI can be found in your previous application. You wife was you dependent so she should be listed in the independents, you can click on her name and then a window should pop up and you should be able to find that number there.

You mother in law doesn't reside in Canada, she's visiting. You should list her country of residence not Canada.

Police certificates are valid if issued after the last time you visited this countries for 6+ months. Since you haven't left Canada then yes.

ZacAva

Oct 29, 2019
UCI can be found in your previous application. You wife was you dependent so she should be listed in the independents, you can click on her name and then a window should pop up and you should be able to find that number there.

You mother in law doesn't reside in Canada, she's visiting. You should list her country of residence not Canada.

Police certificates are valid if issued after the last time you visited this countries for 6+ months. Since you haven't left Canada then yes.
Thanks a lot for your help, sir. Any idea concerning the Permanent Residence Number? Is it same to Express Entry Profile Number?

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Thanks a lot for your help, sir. Any idea concerning the Permanent Residence Number? Is it same to Express Entry Profile Number?
May I know why previous application was rejected?

ZacAva

Oct 29, 2019
May I know why previous application was rejected?
It was because a typo in letter of employment concerning the starting date of my current job. Yes, it is very stupid! A horrible mistake. It should be Feb. 2018 instead of Feb. 2019. This makes us very worried about this second-time application, getting paranoid about any possible mistakes....

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
this might be something you don't need to worry about... you wouldn't have a PR number, maybe it refers to the PR application.

Regardless, they would be able to figure this out on their own based on your information. This would not lead to a rejection for sure.

Make sure though to explain what your error was in your previous application and make sure you've corrected it and provide additional proof to back the fact that your experience was from 2018 and not from 2019 (T4s, paystubs, offer letter prior to starting this job, the contract you signed, etc.).

ZacAva

Oct 29, 2019
this might be something you don't need to worry about... you wouldn't have a PR number, maybe it refers to the PR application.

Regardless, they would be able to figure this out on their own based on your information. This would not lead to a rejection for sure.

Make sure though to explain what your error was in your previous application and make sure you've corrected it and provide additional proof to back the fact that your experience was from 2018 and not from 2019 (T4s, paystubs, offer letter prior to starting this job, the contract you signed, etc.).
Much appreciated your guidance! I attach T4s, paystubs, the signed contract to the new letter of employment. I have prepared a letter of explanation also. Indeed, I forgot to submit the 2018 contract, making the officer say that there is no evidence to show that I started my job in that year. You are so right!

Last edited:

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Much appreciated your guidance! I attach T4s, paystubs, the signed contract to the new letter of employment. I have prepared a letter of explanation also. Indeed, I forgot to submit the 2018 contract, making the officer say that there is no evidence to show that I started my job in that year. You are so right!
That should be enough and provide enough evidence that what happened was an honest mistake and not that you are trying to cheat.

Anyway, these sorts of mistakes should be caught before submitting the application to precisely avoid refusals and the time and economic losses that come with this.

Good luck!

ZacAva

Oct 29, 2019
That should be enough and provide enough evidence that what happened was an honest mistake and not that you are trying to cheat.

Anyway, these sorts of mistakes should be caught before submitting the application to precisely avoid refusals and the time and economic losses that come with this.

Good luck!
Hope everyone notes my lesson.

Reactions: lostinquebec