+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a Job Outside Canada, is it Worthy?

shakira2009

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
first Manila, now Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2005
AOR Received.
06-11-2005
File Transfer...
10-10-2009
Med's Request
25-01-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
25-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2010
LANDED..........
10-09-2010
metallica.kyoto said:
Hi again

Thanks a lot for your comment in response to my question.
Just curious how did you reach people directly with resume while you are located overseas. My experience is same after almost applying for hundreds of jobs on career websites none have even contacted me with positive or negative results. I wonder how things work in Canada or if at all it’s even worth applying on these sites.

If you don’t mind can you please share your profession, experience and how exactly you are networking which leads you to interviews?

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Hi there,

if you can show a local address and phone number on your resume you may have slight chances to be called. Sometimes it's a matter of luck. But the Toronto market is quite competitive for most professions, and recruiters/HR people will first check on your resume if you have experience in Canada. In my opinion, applying online only is not very effective. You may want to search and connect with people on LinkedIn, send personalized emails, etc.

By the way I used to live in Japan before migrating here. Not sure if I can help you but feel free to PM me.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
I have been through the exact same phase in second half on 2015, so sharing my experience.

If you have an international phone no and address on your resume then forget getting any calls.
You must get a virtual Canadian number and route the calls to your phone through some SIP client.
I suggest using Groundwire. It's paid (6.99EUR), but a very good SIP client.

Also put a Canadian address on your resume and upload it to Indeed.
With this, you will at least start getting some calls.
Be prepared to pick calls at weird times, depends which part of world you're in. :p

This is no guarantee that you will get a job offer, but at least you will get some phone calls.

And who knows, you may find a job offer beforehand.

One major challenge that you will face is that almost all employers would ask you to join in max 2 weeks time, as that's the standard notice period in Canada and US. This is the major issue for people who are already employed elsewhere and need to give 1-3 month notice to their employers.

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BB1212 said:
Hey

Please let me know if any one has consultant list, so that I can get a Work permit atleast.

Thanks
Nishant
sharma.nishant28@gmail.com
I say you can check on this Government of Canada website. They have a list of authorized consultants http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/rep-choose.asp

AlternativeConn

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
If you have been approved for Canadian permanent residency and is planning to land in Canada soon, the Canadian Employment Connections (CEC) program at ACCES Employment can provide you with virtual employment services and help you build Canadian employer connection even before your arrival in Canada

This program is free of charge and is funded by the Government of Canada.

If you have post-secondary education and at least one year of work experience in the Financial Services, Human Resources, Engineering, Information Technology, Sales & Marketing, or Supply Chain sector, then you can benefit from the Canadian Employment Connections (CEC) program.

If you are interested, please message me or reply to this post and we can connect.

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
CEC123 said:
If you have been approved for Canadian permanent residency and is planning to land in Canada soon, the Canadian Employment Connections (CEC) program at ACCES Employment can provide you with virtual employment services and help you build Canadian employer connection even before your arrival in Canada

This program is free of charge and is funded by the Government of Canada.

If you have post-secondary education and at least one year of work experience in the Financial Services, Human Resources, Engineering, Information Technology, Sales & Marketing, or Supply Chain sector, then you can benefit from the Canadian Employment Connections (CEC) program.

If you are interested, please message me or reply to this post and we can connect.
Is foreign born returning citizen eligible for this service?

AlternativeConn

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
No, unfortunately, this program is for individuals who recently received approval for permanent residence before their landing in Canada.