+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a Job Outside Canada, is it Worthy?

tetunte

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-08-2015
IELTS Request
26-05-2015 with application
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
July 31 2016
Using indeed site shows me many IT job related with my experience and education, but

1. Many are outside the province that nominated me (Ontario seems to offer the majority)
2. I am living outside Canada right now.

Is it worthy to apply these jobs, anyone has the experience of be hired living
outside Canada, or it is a waste of time and you need to live inside Canada to
start looking for a Job

Thank you Folks,

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
tetunte said:
Using indeed site shows me many IT job related with my experience and education, but

1. Many are outside the province that nominated me (Ontario seems to offer the majority)
2. I am living outside Canada right now.

Is it worthy to apply these jobs, anyone has the experience of be hired living
outside Canada, or it is a waste of time and you need to live inside Canada to
start looking for a Job

Thank you Folks,
you can try but probably is pointless unless in the country given as you might expect most companies do not want to invest any time interviewing somebody who might not even bother to arrive or not for some time in the future. Spend your time polishing your resume to map to examples of jobs on offer so when you arrive you are prepared and if appropriate set up a profile on Linkedin.

Armughan

Oct 15, 2016
i want to that how can i check my work permit status ? I applied through paper process for saskatchewan province .

metallica.kyoto

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Hello everyone

I have been trying to secure a job in Canada before permanently moving there.
I have mentioned local Toronto on my resume and also bought a virtual telephone number which can route any incoming calls to my number in Japan.

So far there has been no response.
Just FYI work in one of the world leading companies in Japan.

Has anyone been able to secure job before permanently moving?
If so please advise on how you did it.

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
metallica.kyoto said:
Hello everyone

I have been trying to secure a job in Canada before permanently moving there.
I have mentioned local Toronto on my resume and also bought a virtual telephone number which can route any incoming calls to my number in Japan.

So far there has been no response.
Just FYI work in one of the world leading companies in Japan.

Has anyone been able to secure job before permanently moving?
If so please advise on how you did it.
I've been trying as well, though I'm geographically not too far from Canada. There has been no response whatsoever, but I think its still worth applying for jobs from outside Canada.

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
I think we're all in a similar boat, I'm relocating in February and have had a lot of interviews and one close to an offer but then it got stalled.

I'm in a few interview processes right now and I did make a trip to Vancouver in September for some face to face interviews.

Whilst I've had a lot of interviews the main message I'm getting is that they'll always be a role for someone like me but that they aren't prepared to commit that to paper until I'm physically on the ground in Vancouver.

Most of these interviews have been set up by me using my network or reaching out to people directly with my CV.

For roles I've applied to using job boards and careers websites I haven't had one response, not even one to let me know I'm rejected.

metallica.kyoto

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Hi again

Thanks a lot for your comment in response to my question.
Just curious how did you reach people directly with resume while you are located overseas. My experience is same after almost applying for hundreds of jobs on career websites none have even contacted me with positive or negative results. I wonder how things work in Canada or if at all it’s even worth applying on these sites.

If you don’t mind can you please share your profession, experience and how exactly you are networking which leads you to interviews?

Thanks for your time.

Regards

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
metallica.kyoto said:
Hi again

Thanks a lot for your comment in response to my question.
Just curious how did you reach people directly with resume while you are located overseas. My experience is same after almost applying for hundreds of jobs on career websites none have even contacted me with positive or negative results. I wonder how things work in Canada or if at all it’s even worth applying on these sites.

If you don’t mind can you please share your profession, experience and how exactly you are networking which leads you to interviews?

Thanks for your time.

Regards
I may have a slight advantage as I'm a recruitment consultant, however, I am still on the 'other' side of the process now. I guess it just gives me more of a realistic view of how things work.

I know based in HK I'm wary of people applying from abroad especially if they don't sound like they have the intention to move until they've secured something.

I have been in recruitment for 12 years and have a lot of contacts who've been able to put me in touch with the right people in Vancouver.

Not every option has resulted in an interview or conversation and I haven't secured anything yet but some things are progressing.

It's just a case of playing the odds and recognizing that it takes time.

In a previous post I've highlighted that people really need to make sure their CV looks good and they have a great cover letter. There are some rookie errors that people make like spelling errors, grammatical mistakes and that just puts you to the bottom of the list.

BB1212

Nov 2, 2016
Hey

Please let me know if any one has consultant list, so that I can get a Work permit atleast.

Thanks
Nishant
sharma.nishant28@gmail.com

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!!

If you are in the process of immigrating to Canada, there are many CIC funded employment programs to help you get a job before you arrive in Canada!

Contact NextStopCanada.ca

They will connect you to the employment agency focused on the province you are moving to along with other important information every person needs to know when they more to Canada.

Best of luck!

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
BB1212 said:
Hey

Please let me know if any one has consultant list, so that I can get a Work permit atleast.

Thanks
Nishant
sharma.nishant28@gmail.com
you can find a list here, www.google.ca just type in recruitment agencies in "city name"

good luck

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
fmcool81 said:
Plz i need work in canada am from nigeria i really need permit workwho can serve for in canada
Good luck

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
For those PRs who are about to Land, you can read the below link to find out ways to attract employers for a job.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updating-linkedin-will-help-you-get-a-job-before-landing-t391460.0.html

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
I think it's depending on your occupation.

My wife is a specialized physiotherpist and after sending out about 50-100 emails to clinics across Canada one replied, and we came to Canada. They were even willing to wait for her Canadian licensing procedure (took 2 years) and hiring her as an assistant.

So, know how worthy your skills are, and don't give up.