+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a Extension of SOWP

kanon3138

Nov 20, 2023
Hello everybody

Could anyone help me with some guidance in this process? I am a bit confused about this process.

1) I got my PGWP until October 2024,
2) we also apply for PR, and we receive the AOR
3)the SOWP (of my wife) expires in January, and I want to extend her Work permit.

This is our situation: I am working in a Teer 5 Job, but she was a cook and now is a Team Leader ( Food service supervisor); this is a Teer 2 Job (I guess)
I have seen many people here who got their SOPW rejected with this message: "You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B." clearly I do not have a Job in any of this categories,

But I also see this note A "Temporary Policy in place from January 30, 2023, for two years, relaxes the employment requirement from "skilled work" to "all skill levels"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/open-work-permit-spouses-dependent-children/eligibility.html

We got Payslips and an Employer letter (job description and duties) to support our application. However, my concern is if this policy is still valid, why are many people getting SOWP rejected? Has it not been applied to immigration officers?

Then, Can we apply for the EXt-SOWP based on that policy?

Any advice we would appreciate

Regards

Kavin626

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Hello everybody

Could anyone help me with some guidance in this process? I am a bit confused about this process.

1) I got my PGWP until October 2024,
2) we also apply for PR, and we receive the AOR
3)the SOWP (of my wife) expires in January, and I want to extend her Work permit.

This is our situation: I am working in a Teer 5 Job, but she was a cook and now is a Team Leader ( Food service supervisor); this is a Teer 2 Job (I guess)
I have seen many people here who got their SOPW rejected with this message: "You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B." clearly I do not have a Job in any of this categories,

But I also see this note A "Temporary Policy in place from January 30, 2023, for two years, relaxes the employment requirement from "skilled work" to "all skill levels"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/open-work-permit-spouses-dependent-children/eligibility.html

We got Payslips and an Employer letter (job description and duties) to support our application. However, my concern is if this policy is still valid, why are many people getting SOWP rejected? Has it not been applied to immigration officers?

Then, Can we apply for the EXt-SOWP based on that policy?

Any advice we would appreciate

Regards
Hi do you got any solution? I am exactly in same situation. Does anyone please response.