+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Express Entry From Quebec

gmxplode

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hello guys,
I wish to apply for permanent residency via Express Entry Portal and currently i am working in quebec from past 1 year. First i thought of going through CSQ process but then it takes a long time even after the new system so am thinking of applying through Express Entry. So i have a few questions if anyone could please answer.

1. Can i apply for express entry while staying and working in quebec?
2. I have a Validated Job Offer and LMIA so will i be getting points for that in express entry? I mean does a valid job offer in quebec or lmia obtained in Quebec could fetch us points in express entry?
3. Currently i am getting a CRS score of 468 without adding points for valid job offer, which should be good enough?

Please if someone could clear these doubts it would be great.

Thanks

ECLN

Aug 23, 2018
Toulouse, France
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
To apply for EE you need to have intentions to live OUTSIDE of Quebec so you cannot use your job offer. You would probably need to write a kickass explanation letter how you want to move to another province to convince immigration officer.

gmxplode

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Thanks for the reply, but are there any people out there who have applied through EE and have attained PR when they were already working in QC?

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Harris Could you share your experience? what you applied for and what were you asked?
I have applied for express entry in Quebec, and provided the intention letter and Ontario lease as the proof as well. But I still got a review required in eligibility check.

gmxplode

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
I have applied for express entry in Quebec, and provided the intention letter and Ontario lease as the proof as well. But I still got a review required in eligibility check.
I see, so what are you going to do now? i mean kind of review could that be?

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019
Yes but they proved their intention to reside outside the province of Quebec.
Hi All.. I am the Primary applicant in my EE profile and my husband is Dependent. We got ITA in the last draw and currently residing in India. Recently my husband got an offer to work from Montreal, most probably will be receiving Closed Work Permit in the coming months. We are in a dilemma whether to consider this offer or not..

1) If we both shift to Montreal, will it impact our PR process and approval ?
2) Will updating our address to Montreal, Quebec in our EE profile post AOR raise any Red flags for PR ?
2) As accompanying spouse in his Work permit, can I achieve Open permit to work in other provinces?
3) If I could manage an IT job in other province (preferably Ontario), will that give us an edge to prove our intent to move out of Quebec ?
4) If I couldn't manage to get a job then what should be our course of action ?
5) Considering the risks of rejection, should we reject our Montreal offer and first go ahead with the PR process?

Kindly advice!