+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying despite not eligible

panheng

Dec 29, 2020
The consensus from this forum and others opinion is that she is not eligible for a policy, but she still applied
Site says 63days for decision
Will the IRCC computer give out a faster decision to her than to those who are eligible to apply?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Errr..... what?
Who is "she"?
Which "policy"?
What did "she" "apply" for?
How did you know about the "consensus" on this forum?

panheng

Dec 29, 2020
Errr..... what?
Who is "she"?
Which "policy"?
What did "she" "apply" for?
How did you know about the "consensus" on this forum?
on this forum people have asked, WHO is eligible for Covid SPECIAL restoration policy.
All the answers have said its for those you have permits that expired after January 31, 2020.
Her permit expired 2018. Despite this she said she was still able to apply and did.
Processing time says something like 63days for answer
MY question is will she get a faster answer from IRCC because she is not eligible, OR will it take the 63 days like all others that are eligible?
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
on this forum people have asked, WHO is eligible for Covid SPECIAL restoration policy.
All the answers have said its for those you have permits that expired after January 31, 2020.
Her permit expired 2018. Despite this she said she was still able to apply and did.
MY question is will she get a faster answer from IRCC because she is not eligible, OR will it take the 63 days like all others that are eligible?
Thank you
Who is “she”
What type of permit - study, visitor (you are in the international student section)
What permit expired in 2108 and why would “she” be eligible for Covid restoration (whatever that is) in 2020, two years later?
Is ”she“ in Canada?
63 days for what

Reactions: GandiBaat and arhue

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Thank you
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/exemption.html

The public policy introduces an exemption from the requirement to apply for restoration within 90 days of losing temporary resident status for all foreign nationals (former workers, students and visitors) in Canada. Temporary residents who had valid temporary resident status on January 30, 2020 and whose status expired after that date will have until December 31, 2020 to apply to restore their status instead of the current 90 days.
Restoration is possible for those with temporary status valid on Jan 30 2020 and expired AFTER that. If not, its NOT possible. I am Assuming "She" is in Canada because only then "She" can apply for restoration of status.
I don't know "She" but if "She" is having a permit that expired in 2018 and "She" is trying to restore just now then I smell trouble. BIG trouble. It seems, "She" is an over-stayer. Only people with no status need restoration of status. If "She" lost her status in 2018 and has been staying in Canada ever since, "She" has overstayed. "She" can not use the restoration policy to restore "She" 's status as what ever "She" was having before.

Besides, applying NOW in december or November seems shaddy enough. Why wait so long? From the looks "She" is trying to find an excuse to stay in Canada even after losing the permit and status.

Reactions: arhue and Naturgrl

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/exemption.html

Restoration is possible for those with temporary status valid on Jan 30 2020 and expired AFTER that. If not, its NOT possible. I am Assuming "She" is in Canada because only then "She" can apply for restoration of status.
I don't know "She" but if "She" is having a permit that expired in 2018 and "She" is trying to restore just now then I smell trouble. BIG trouble. It seems, "She" is an over-stayer. Only people with no status need restoration of status. If "She" lost her status in 2018 and has been staying in Canada ever since, "She" has overstayed. "She" can not use the restoration policy to restore "She" 's status as what ever "She" was having before.

Besides, applying NOW in december or November seems shaddy enough. Why wait so long? From the looks "She" is trying to find an excuse to stay in Canada even after losing the permit and status.
Possibly the best explanation.