+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying citizenship online application and leaving canada want to know few answers

sauravtaneja

May 7, 2013
Hi everyone

i am going to apply for my citizenship with 1115 days and after that i am leaving canada for sometime and moving backhome to india will it affect my application in any way
?

I HAD MY FINGERPRINTS DONE WHILE GETTING MY PR AFTER MY STUDENT VISA DO I HAVE TO GET IT DONE AGAIN OR THEY WILL USE THE SAME FOR CITIZENSHIP AND IF I HAVE TO DO SO CAN I GET IT DONE WHENEVER THEY ASK FOR IT IN INDIA ONLY OR I HAVE TO COME BACK TO CANADA TO GET IT DONE AND AFTER HOW LONG SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION DO THEY ASK FOR FINGERPRINTS IF SO ?
SECONDLY WHAT ABT CITIZENSHIP TEST CAN IT BE DONE ONLINE IN INDIA OR I HAVE TO CONE BACK TO GET IT DONE

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone

i am going to apply for my citizenship with 1115 days and after that i am leaving canada for sometime and moving backhome to india will it affect my application in any way
?

I HAD MY FINGERPRINTS DONE WHILE GETTING MY PR AFTER MY STUDENT VISA DO I HAVE TO GET IT DONE AGAIN OR THEY WILL USE THE SAME FOR CITIZENSHIP AND IF I HAVE TO DO SO CAN I GET IT DONE WHENEVER THEY ASK FOR IT IN INDIA ONLY OR I HAVE TO COME BACK TO CANADA TO GET IT DONE AND AFTER HOW LONG SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION DO THEY ASK FOR FINGERPRINTS IF SO ?
SECONDLY WHAT ABT CITIZENSHIP TEST CAN IT BE DONE ONLINE IN INDIA OR I HAVE TO CONE BACK TO GET IT DONE
It's tough to read an all Caps sentence. Write it normally and people will still reply.

FP you submitted for PR or Student visa have no bearing on citizenship application. If your name appears in criminality search because of common name etc. they might ask you to give FP to verify. I am not sure if you can get it done in India. Someone else will answer that part. FP is requested during Background check phase. If it gets completed it means no FP is needed.

Citizenship test as its online can be done from India too. You just have to reply to the test email once you receive it and then IRCC will approve it.
Giving test outside Canada may trigger an Interview phase before your application is approved. Also IRCC may ask you to provide proof of your return to Canada(Boarding pass etc.)

Oath is the only step for which you have to be in Canada even if its virtual.

Staying for a prolonged time outside Canada may have a bearing on your application timeline. There are some examples of it in this forum. Some may not have faced any issue because of it. So it's a tricky situation.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
It's tough to read an all Caps sentence. Write it normally and people will still reply.

FP you submitted for PR or Student visa have no bearing on citizenship application. If your name appears in criminality search because of common name etc. they might ask you to give FP to verify. I am not sure if you can get it done in India. Someone else will answer that part. FP is requested during Background check phase. If it gets completed it means no FP is needed.

Citizenship test as its online can be done from India too. You just have to reply to the test email once you receive it and then IRCC will approve it.
Giving test outside Canada may trigger an Interview phase before your application is approved. Also IRCC may ask you to provide proof of your return to Canada(Boarding pass etc.)

Oath is the only step for which you have to be in Canada even if its virtual.

Staying for a prolonged time outside Canada may have a bearing on your application timeline. There are some examples of it in this forum. Some may not have faced any issue because of it. So it's a tricky situation.
If I may add, there could be implications on your PR status as well, depending on how long your application takes and how long you choose to live outside Canada.

Reactions: forw.jane

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Hi everyone

?

if you serious your application wait for at least BC check then you go any where your choice until pr status mantan