+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying bridge open work permit at the air port

vivivi2016

Jan 6, 2016
Hi I am FSW applicant and my current work permit will expire soon.
I am thinking about visit my country and come back to Canada before the permit expired.

I was thinking about apply BOWP via online after coming back but I wonder somebody succeed to obtain that at the airport before.

I knew that bridge open work permit is basically INSIDE CANADA application but if I can get at the air port I will have no "No status" period. (I knew that I will be implied status though)

Also, if I can apply at the airport what kind of document do I need to prepare?

For my understanding is ..

-IMM 5710
-AOR
-Passport
-Photo
-Confirmation letter of Submitting PR
-LMIA

Maybe I need to print out CIC web page saying that we don't need to submit second AOR for BOWP.

Please share your thoughts ppl! :)

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
vivivi2016 said:
Hi I am FSW applicant and my current work permit will expire soon.
I am thinking about visit my country and come back to Canada before the permit expired.

I was thinking about apply BOWP via online after coming back but I wonder somebody succeed to obtain that at the airport before.

I knew that bridge open work permit is basically INSIDE CANADA application but if I can get at the air port I will have no "No status" period. (I knew that I will be implied status though)

Also, if I can apply at the airport what kind of document do I need to prepare?

For my understanding is ..

-IMM 5710
-AOR
-Passport
-Photo
-Confirmation letter of Submitting PR
-LMIA

Maybe I need to print out CIC web page saying that we don't need to submit second AOR for BOWP.

Please share your thoughts ppl! :)
No Way..it has to be submitted to Vergeville office..please go through CIC website.it has all required info..

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a dual purpose LMIA, I think you can apply for a closed work permit at the border? Someone might be able to jump in here and advise?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can't just turn up at the airport and apply for the BOWP, you have to either apply online through your MYCIC account or apply by mailing in the form to Vegreville.
You also don't just get implied status, you have to have applied for some work permit (not PR) and be waiting on a response from that application to benefit from implied status.

Olrdude

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
You will lose your implied status if you leave canada. And will not be able to come back until you get the pr or the new work permit.

vivivi2016

Jan 6, 2016
gorkhethito said:
No Way..it has to be submitted to Vergeville office..please go through CIC website.it has all required info..
Thank you for replying me :) I read CIC info and I knew how to apply BOWP by online. I was told that applying at airport might be possible. So I was wondered... :-[

vivivi2016

Jan 6, 2016
ozlis said:
If you have a dual purpose LMIA, I think you can apply for a closed work permit at the border? Someone might be able to jump in here and advise?
Thank you for replying. I have only proper LMIA.... :-X

vivivi2016

Jan 6, 2016
purplesnow said:
you can't just turn up at the airport and apply for the BOWP, you have to either apply online through your MYCIC account or apply by mailing in the form to Vegreville.
You also don't just get implied status, you have to have applied for some work permit (not PR) and be waiting on a response from that application to benefit from implied status.
Thank you for replying. Yup it seemed that I can't apply at the airport. Hum... :(
I will apply for BOWP inside if I cant do at the airport then.... and I understand I will get implied status after submitting BOWP before my permit expired ;)

vivivi2016

Jan 6, 2016
Olrdude said:
You will lose your implied status if you leave canada. And will not be able to come back until you get the pr or the new work permit.
Thank you! but I have valid work permit when I will return to Canada :)