+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying BOWP while Closed WP is in process

cec22

Sep 4, 2013
I have a question guys.

1) My current work permit expires end of October and my employer has already applied to extend my Closed WP to end of next yr. - I might receive the extension by 1st week of October.

2) I'm expecting my AOR this week for my CEC application.

Can I apply for BOWP based on the current WP expiry date or will the BOWP be rejected if my Closed WP gets extended by the time the BOWP is processed.

Any Suggestions?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
cec22 said:
I have a question guys.

1) My current work permit expires end of October and my employer has already applied to extend my Closed WP to end of next yr. - I might receive the extension by 1st week of October.

2) I'm expecting my AOR this week for my CEC application.

Can I apply for BOWP based on the current WP expiry date or will the BOWP be rejected if my Closed WP gets extended by the time the BOWP is processed.

Any Suggestions?
If you apply for the BOWP before you get the new WP then yes, that's fine. If CIC issues
the new WP and you apply after that, than they'll probably reject the BOWP as you THEN current WP
is valid for more than 4 months.

cec22

Sep 4, 2013
Thanks for the reply.

So you mean to say that I should be good if I submit the BOWP application before I receive the new work permit? or should my BOWP be processed by CIC before they issue me the new work permit?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
cec22 said:
Thanks for the reply.

So you mean to say that I should be good if I submit the BOWP application before I receive the new work permit? or should my BOWP be processed by CIC before they issue me the new work permit?
Not sure about that. But I think BOWP should be processed before they process the other application.

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
cec22 said:
Thanks for the reply.

If you get your BOWP processed first, they may reject your closed WP extension saying that you have already got BOWP.
If you get your closed WP extension first, they may reject your BOWP saying that you are not compliant to 4 months rule.
So, it all depends on the VO, timing and your luck :)

For further help, please follow the thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applying-for-both-bowp-and-closed-wp-at-same-time-please-see-inside-t150996.0.html