Applying again for a university

roohbir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Chandigarh, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,
I applied for M.Eng(Mechanical) at University of Windsor and Dalhousie University for Sep 2015 intake. Unfortunately, I got refusals from both. My percentage while applying was 65.8%(till 7th sem) and that might have been a reason. Now that my percentage after 8th sem in 68%, i am thinking of reapplying at Windsor for Jan intake. Is it sensible to do so or university might reject me again bacause I've already been refused once?

Komal Gupta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Hi Roohbir, What is your IELTS score? 65% to 68% is not a major change in your academic circumstance but If you are looking forward to apply again for Windsor then make sure you apply for the unconditional offer with all the required documents.

Also consider applying for concordia university

roohbir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Chandigarh, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Komal Gupta said:
Hi Roohbir, What is your IELTS score? 65% to 68% is not a major change in your academic circumstance but If you are looking forward to apply again for Windsor then make sure you apply for the unconditional offer with all the required documents.

Also consider applying for concordia university
Hello,
Thanks for replying. My IELTS score is 7.5(no less than 6.5)
I have already applied for Concordia. Due to more competition in Jan intake as compared to Sep, I was looking to try in one or two more universities. Do I stand any chance of making it?
Thanks

Komal Gupta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
roohbir said:
Hello,
Thanks for replying. My IELTS score is 7.5(no less than 6.5)
I have already applied for Concordia. Due to more competition in Jan intake as compared to Sep, I was looking to try in one or two more universities. Do I stand any chance of making it?
Thanks
Hi Roohbir, there are chances of getting offer from Concordia. There are not much of the options available for masters for Jan as the deadlines have approached for most of the Universities. Pls. check for University of Ottawa as well.

Also let me know your % of last 2 yrs. i.e. last 4 semesters. most of the universities are having minimum requirement of 70% in last 2 yrs. Probably, based on that I can suggest you something.

roohbir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Chandigarh, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Komal Gupta said:
Hi Roohbir, there are chances of getting offer from Concordia. There are not much of the options available for masters for Jan as the deadlines have approached for most of the Universities. Pls. check for University of Ottawa as well.

Also let me know your % of last 2 yrs. i.e. last 4 semesters. most of the universities are having minimum requirement of 70% in last 2 yrs. Probably, based on that I can suggest you something.
Hi Komal,
My perecentage in last two years is 73%. University of Ottawa had application deadline on 1st July. Carleton,though, is still accepting applications but I'm not sure if my marks are good enough.

Komal Gupta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
roohbir said:
Hi Komal,
My perecentage in last two years is 73%. University of Ottawa had application deadline on 1st July. Carleton,though, is still accepting applications but I'm not sure if my marks are good enough.
Hi Roohbir, Carleton asks for aggregate 70% and will not consider only last 2 yr. marks as above 70%. So, it is not a good decision to apply for Carleton.

Rakumates

Jun 28, 2015
Komal Gupta said:
Hi Roohbir, Carleton asks for aggregate 70% and will not consider only last 2 yr. marks as above 70%. So, it is not a good decision to apply for Carleton.
[ hello guys.

Kindly help me

I would like to do second master in any one of Canadian universities. Preferable in Carleton University. I have called some of the educational consultancies in India and they are not giving much support for doing second master as I am already a master holder. They are saying about the chance of visa rejection. My plan is to take a MEng in Canada. Is that a real problem. I am really confused with this matter
My profile is

ME Mechanical Engineering ( Manufacturing Engineering) - 79.1 % ( no backlogs)
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering - 60.4 % (with backlogs)
Have 2 year experience in Industrial field.
Have 1 year experience in teaching field.

Please please help me]

roohbir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Chandigarh, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rakumates,
Well, consultants are not wrong. Since you already hold a masters, the embassy wouldn't see any point for doing masters again. Hence to overcome this hurdle, you must state in your SOP clear reasons why you would like to take up masters again in Canada which might convince them to issue the study permit
Good Luck!

Rakumates

Jun 28, 2015
roohbir said:
Hi Rakumates,
Well, consultants are not wrong. Since you already hold a masters, the embassy wouldn't see any point for doing masters again. Hence to overcome this hurdle, you must state in your SOP clear reasons why you would like to take up masters again in Canada which might convince them to issue the study permit
Good Luck!
[Thanks a ton Roohbir. :) :) ]

Komal Gupta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Rakumates said:
Komal Gupta said:
[ hello guys.

Kindly help me

I would like to do second master in any one of Canadian universities. Preferable in Carleton University. I have called some of the educational consultancies in India and they are not giving much support for doing second master as I am already a master holder. They are saying about the chance of visa rejection. My plan is to take a MEng in Canada. Is that a real problem. I am really confused with this matter
My profile is

ME Mechanical Engineering ( Manufacturing Engineering) - 79.1 % ( no backlogs)
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering - 60.4 % (with backlogs)
Have 2 year experience in Industrial field.
Have 1 year experience in teaching field.

Please please help me]
Hi Rakumates, If you are looking forward to apply for masters, you should look for some specialization which is related to mechanical. Like, automation & control, robotics etc. so that you can justify the same to the visa officer.
can you please tell me in which years you finished with the education and started working. Also, let me know your IELTS score.