+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply without family

radouan

Jan 24, 2020
hello everybody i want ask if can i apply for a visa just me alone because i'am married and have children but score of my spouse isnt strong to succes

vinz1985

Aug 24, 2020
You can apply as non accompanying. If successful, you move to Canada without them & then when settled, you apply to sponsor them.
Straight forward answer. Can i humbly challenge you with a sub question?
What if i Chose “ spouse not accompanying “ and after some time i got a provincial nomination? Can i change “accompanying “ before the next ITA Draw??

Reactions: radouan

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
As long as your score doesn’t drop below the nomination score. So say you get an Ontario nomination and the province selected scores between 430 and 445. If you are selected at 440 but you want to change to accompanying & your score is now 425. You wither accept as non accompanying or decline the invitation if you want accompanying.

vinz1985

Aug 24, 2020
As long as your score doesn’t drop below the nomination score. So say you get an Ontario nomination and the province selected scores between 430 and 445. If you are selected at 440 but you want to change to accompanying & your score is now 425. You wither accept as non accompanying or decline the invitation if you want accompanying.
Well, Ontario’s case is peculiar. But what about other provinces?
Another question i had - if i land in Canada province(for example PEI), if i sponsor my wife, will my wife be a provincial nominee as well? Or is she free to settle anywhere in canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well, Ontario’s case is peculiar. But what about other provinces?
Another question i had - if i land in Canada province(for example PEI), if i sponsor my wife, will my wife be a provincial nominee as well? Or is she free to settle anywhere in canada?
The purpose of provincial nominations is to live in the province you are nominated from. As sponsorship takes over a year once you settle, you need to look at the terms of the PEI program. Do you have a nomination from PEI?

Last edited:
Reactions: radouan

vinz1985

Aug 24, 2020
The purpose of provincial nominations is to live in the province you are nominated from. As sponsorship takes over a year once you settle, you need to look at the terms of the PEI program. Do you have a nomination from PEI?
I just asked about a case. I wanted to know the specific rules about spouse sponsorship if i myself am a provincial nominee

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok as I said look at the obligations for PEI. Also the draws for 2020 have focused on those people already living and working in PEI or who have a job offer. They also consider family living in the province.