+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply with or without Family initially?

engrsultan

Sep 15, 2008
We are three family members, me my spouse and my child I want to apply for Immigration.
Is it possible that I apply only for myself and deposit 550CAD and when my case will approve then I will apply for my spouse and child,Or I have to apply for my whole family now (550+550+150).

Which one is wise option?

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
apply all if u are getting the pass mark.
thus, it ll save you the time.
for example, it saves time that u land, then sponsor your family.
if u apply altogether, you all can land at the same time together, or u can land, get a place then they can land after u within days.
or else, if u land and then apply to sponsor them, u might have to wait for a few months to be re-united with your family.
so the best option is go for the application all together.

FlameLily

Oct 8, 2008
Hi

In my case, i applied as the principal applicant and included my wife plus my two children, by the way we applied in January 2007. My decision to include my wife was because in addition to my qualifications, she also has some credentials and i discovered that i could score some additional points based on this, but if you haven't applied yet, wait for the list to come out.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, wait for the list to come out. If your profession is not on the list, you could be wasting your time applying now. Better to wait a couple of months for the list and see if you qualify. You are not getting in under the old rules by applying now. They have already announced that the new rules apply to all applications since February. In the meantime, you can look into getting a job offer and coming in on a temporary work permit. You can come to Canada faster and you can still apply for PR from within.