+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Apply Visa from US] Stuck at final step. Please help!

khanhle301

Oct 22, 2018
Hey guys,

I apply for a Canada tourist visa online through CIC. I have paid the fees of $185, sending everything and the biometrics as well.

Then I received my receipt like this:
Note: This letter is also your proof that:
• you have paid the biometric fee;
or • you have claimed an exemption from the biometric fee under section 315.1 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) If it is determined that you are required to pay the biometric fee, you will be contacted by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and your fee payment options will be explained to you

Then I went to VAC for biometric and photos. Then I go home and wait

Today I got the letter, "Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application" saying that "This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application"

I wonder what is the next step I have to do? Do I have to go to VAC and send my passport from there or I can use any courier (Such as USPS) to send my passport

AND

Is any other fee I have to pay beside:
1. Usps fee of sending my passport to VAC to Newyork and return fees

According to the instruction on http://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_application_processing,
they ask me to pay 2 different fees -
  • VAC Service charge OR, if applicable, Biometric fee*
    * If you need to give your biometrics, the CAD 85 biometric fee covers the VAC service charge. Additional services are not covered.
  • Visa Application Fee
by TWO SEPARATE PACKAGES, which I do not know if I still have to pay more because I have paid $185 online already.

Please help me out guys, this is really frustrating!

Thank you!