+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply USA PCC from Canada

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Hi All,

I need to obtain USA PCC for my citizenship application from Canada. I believe this is the link https://www.edo.cjis.gov/#/
I wanted to know which is the best place to get the finger prints in GTA Ontario.
What is the average time to receive the PCC from FBI these days? (the above site mentions 3-5 business. Is that true. Please share your experience)
Any agency who can get the USA pcc quickly? or is the above mentioned link the best way to go?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
If you are either a GC holder or a Citizen of USA, then you can get it same day (or) next day at authorized centers (There are a lot in Toronto).

If not, then please read below:

I did it at the end of the last year. It took 2 days to get the report. Not sure how Covid impacted recent timelines. Lots of fingerprint services in Toronto (google, one near college station)

Here are the steps:

1) Apply online in the website you mentioned. Take print out of the confirmation.
2) Get fingerprints (you will get a physical card) (Usually they charge $30-$40)
3) Send online application confirmation printout and fingerprints card in mail to the address mentioned in confirmation printout.
4) Most of the people got the report either the same day or next day after the mail reached their office.
5) You will get the report in email. Email printout is good for CIC application.
6) If you requested a physical copy (which is same as email printout) then it will arrive in 10-15 business days.

Good luck!

Last edited:

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
If you are either a GC holder or a Citizen of USA, then you can get it same day (or) next day at authorized centers (There are a lot in Toronto).

If not, then please read below:

I did it at the end of the last year. It took 2 days to get the report. Not sure how Covid impacted recent timelines. Lots of fingerprint services in Toronto (google, one near college station)

Here are the steps:

1) Apply online in the website you mentioned. Take print out of the confirmation.
2) Get fingerprints (you will get a physical card) (Usually they charge $30-$40)
3) Send online application confirmation printout and fingerprints card in mail to the address mentioned in confirmation printout.
4) Most of the people got the report either the same day or next day after the mail reached their office.
5) You will get the report in email. Email printout is good for CIC application.
6) If you requested a physical copy (which is same as email printout) then it will arrive in 10-15 business days.

Good luck!
Very helpful. Thank you!

Reactions: canvisa13

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Hey Folks,

Got a letter from FBI that the fingerprints were not adequate because the quality of the characteristics is too low to be used.

The letter states as below
It is requested that the individual(s) be reprinted to obtain fully rolled and clearly recorded fingerprint
impressions. Each individual’s request will be processed upon receipt of a new completed fingerprint card,
customer application, and payment of $18 per copy of results requested. Requests may be resubmitted
electronically by visiting our website at https://www.edo.cjis.gov

So does this mean I need to create a brand new request again(which will generate a new order number) or is there any way I can reuse the previous order number?

Thanks!

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Hey Folks,

Got a letter from FBI that the fingerprints were not adequate because the quality of the characteristics is too low to be used.

The letter states as below
It is requested that the individual(s) be reprinted to obtain fully rolled and clearly recorded fingerprint
impressions. Each individual’s request will be processed upon receipt of a new completed fingerprint card,
customer application, and payment of $18 per copy of results requested. Requests may be resubmitted
electronically by visiting our website at https://www.edo.cjis.gov

So does this mean I need to create a brand new request again(which will generate a new order number) or is there any way I can reuse the previous order number?

Thanks!
Most of the print services in Toronto, do the re-print for free, if the prints were rejected. Where did you take the prints?

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had the same rejection issue so I simply bought the sheets myself, used "kajal" ( indian eye liner) and sent half a dozen sheets of prints.

Came back good. This was before the days of them emailing the report, so I sent that many sheets to ensure I didn't have to wait 45 days again.

Reactions: americandesimd

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
I had the same rejection issue so I simply bought the sheets myself, used "kajal" ( indian eye liner) and sent half a dozen sheets of prints.

Came back good. This was before the days of them emailing the report, so I sent that many sheets to ensure I didn't have to wait 45 days again.
You are not supposed to take your own prints without someone authorizing it. An authorized law person must authenticate that the prints belong to you by checking the id cards and you must do prints in front of them.

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Its clearly written in FD-258 from, 'signature of official taking finger prints'. They must put their stamp also. And also in instructions on same form, it is clearly mentioned, who could use this form to send fingerprints.

What did you put in the 'signature of official taking finger prints' box in your request? did you leave it blank?

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its clearly written in FD-258 from, 'signature of official taking finger prints'. They must put their stamp also. And also in instructions on same form, it is clearly mentioned, who could use this form to send fingerprints.

What did you put in the 'signature of official taking finger prints' box in your request? did you leave it blank?
Yes. I left it blank.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
You are not supposed to take your own prints without someone authorizing it. An authorized law person must authenticate that the prints belong to you by checking the id cards and you must do prints in front of them.
Not needed to be taken from an official/place. I have sent my prints taken by myself. All they need is the candidate's prints.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Hi everyone
Does anyone know how much time getting the FBI background check takes these days?
I sent my fingerprints last week via UPS (saw via the UPS tracking that it did reach the destination), and I haven't received anything from them so far.
Wondering as I did the same process back in July of last year and got the report in just 3 days.
Thanks!