+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply under FSW and CEC at the same time

fishfans

Jan 1, 2009
Hi all,

This is my case. I have been studied in Canada since 2001. I finish my Bachelor degree in Apr. 2007 and I went to graduate school in Sep. 2007, and graduated in Oct. 2009. Starting from May 2007, after I received my Bachelor degree, I started to work part time on a skill type B job under Off-campus work permit. Up until now, I have gained 1 year equivalent continuous full time experience, so I have applied under FSW on Oct. 2009. I have not received a reply from Sydney yet.

When I did my graduate study, I was also working as a research assistant. My Master program is research based. I have talked to my supervisor regarding the reference letter and he said that for my first year of graduate study, from Sep. 2007 to Apr. 2008, since I was focus on my courses and did not do that much research work, he may only gave me like 10 hours/week. For my 2nd year, from May 2008 to Oct 2009, since I do not have any course and mainly working on the research project, he may say I was working full time during that period, so it is either 37.5 or 40 hours/week.

The following are my questions:
1. Can I apply for PR under FSW and CEC at the same time? As mentioned earlier, I have applied under FSW.

2. If my supervisor indeed gives me a reference letter and mentions my working hours like that, am I eligible to apply under CEC?

Thank you. I will post this in the CEC forum as well.

fishfans

Jan 1, 2009
Thanks for the reply. If I apply under both FSW and CEC, do I need to write a letter and let the officer know about that? Thank you.