+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply TRV within Canada and get stamping in India

GV-Patiala

Jul 2, 2021
UPDATE
I came to India on 23rd of Feb, booked appointment and got the date for 24th of Feb at VFS Jalandhar. I booked it myself, you need not give money to any agent. I just went on the appointment time and they asked me about the biometrics, so I told them that my application was approved in Canada and they didn’t ask me for biometrics and they were happy to help me. I raised so webforms, but there was not reply from IRCC and I didn’t inform VFS about this through the mail. I just told them verbally on the time of my appointment. Final conclusion, you can get your passport stamped in India if you were approved in Canada and if you do not have your biometrics.
Hope this helps
Good day
Just making sure you already had passport request letter ?

gundeep_singh

Nov 27, 2023
This is my recent experience:

November 21, 2023: Work Visa Application Submitted (I was in Vancouver)

November 28, 2023: Passport Request Letter received (I was in Vancouver)

Dec 9 2023: I was in India

Dec 11: I created the Passport pickup request for stamping without any explanation at all (I was in India)

Dec 13: Passport picked up from my home in India

Dec 15 2023:
dispatched to the IRCC Office through the Canada Visa Application Centre, New Delhi Office, on Thu Dec 14 2023 for processing

Dec 15 2023:
The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at New Delhi OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center New Delhi OC. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email.

Dec 15 2023:
has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, New Delhi OC on Fri Dec 15 2023 and is in transit to the IRCC Office in New Delhi OC for processing

Dec 15 2023:
has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Fri Dec 15 2023

Dec 21 2023 (morning)
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXX has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO-NEW DELHI.

Dec 21 2023 (afternoon)
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXX has been received from the IRCC Office on Thu Dec 21 2023 and will be dispatched to the Canada Visa Application Centre where you applied or at the courier address provided by you at the time of submission of your application

Dec 21 2023
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXX has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, New Delhi OC on Thu Dec 21 2023 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs.

Dec 23 2023 (afternoon)
I got the stamped passport in India

Jimitnaik

Apr 6, 2024
Applied TRV 5 days ago and have to travel to India due to an emergency

Is the process still valid to get the passport stamped in India?

Any special links or instructions to follow for this?

You got any reply ? And is this process is still working ? I am in same situation

Gkaur317

Apr 8, 2024
Hi,
I got my TRV approval from inside Canada and due to some emergency I came to India. I submitted my passport for stamping on march 27 and it is under processing at ircc since April 1.
Please if anyone has any experience with TRV stamping from India please answer. I am very worried about my passport.

Gkaur317

Apr 8, 2024
I did not inform CPC Ottawa. I applied TRV against my pgwp which I got last year. But I did not get TRV at that time so I applied TRV now and it got approved but I didn’t have enough time to get it stamped in Canada but now I feel like I am stuck here because there is no update from ircc. Can they send my passport without stamp ?