+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply TRV in China

vshih

Aug 23, 2010
Hi there,

I'm currently working in Canada with work permit, and I will travel to China in September (not a citizen of China).
I was planning to get the TRV in either Shanghai or Beijing. But after checking the websites...
I found out that...
The office in Shanghai states that they only accept the application if the applicant is the residence of centain areas...
And the office in Beijing, they do accept the application if you're legally addmitted to China...BUT...they need an in-person appointment for that, and they advice that 2 weeks in advance for the appointment!! I will only stay in Beijing for a week...
Anyone here has the same experience before!? Anyone knows the process time for that?

There's another way I can do is drive to Buffalo to get it. However, the thing I concern is the process time for TRV. Anyone knows about it!?!? ???

Thank you!!!!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are in Vancouver, why don't you check with the Chinese embassy/consulate for information?

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Vancouver, Ottawa, or Toronto -- wherever there is a Chinese embassy or consulate, you can get a visa before you fly to China. In fact, you cannot enter China without the visa pasted into your passport.

Check on the Internet for locations.

In Vancouver, the embassy does not handle visa application; a nearby visa office does. Turnaround time depends on how much you are willing to pay: more for same-day service, less for 5 days of processing time. Their website details all this for you.

Huanying guanling!

fan123

Sep 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
why you don't check on the internet! goolge is good choice!