+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply TRV after Marriage or Outland PRV first?

BuddhaPenguin

May 23, 2021
My Thai fiance and I will marry in December 2021 in Thailand after nearly three years relationship (not living together). What is the likelihood of she getting a TRV in January 2022 to come to Atlantic Canada ... where we can then apply for an Inland PRV shortly after arrival? Or should we forego this and apply for an Outland PRV application once I return home? I know at least one couple that successfully applied for a TRV after the sponsor was approved and had a file number.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
My Thai fiance and I will marry in December 2021 in Thailand after nearly three years relationship (not living together). What is the likelihood of she getting a TRV in January 2022 to come to Atlantic Canada ... where we can then apply for an Inland PRV shortly after arrival? Or should we forego this and apply for an Outland PRV application once I return home? I know at least one couple that successfully applied for a TRV after the sponsor was approved and had a file number.
Success rates of a TRV after a PR app has been submitted are low. No reason not to submit a TRV app now, it will not affect a PR app if it is refused.