19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Hello everyone,

I am a 33 year old Moroccan I’ve taken both Language tests French and English and I am now waiting for my degree equivalency (bachelor’s degree obtained from a French university from distance education), I would like to know if I can apply to both Quebec through mon projet Quebec and at the same time to Express entry?

I currently work as a network and system administrator for four years.

Also is it necessary for my spouse to take language test through both programs ?

Thanks for your answers

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you apply? Yes. Should you apply? Well that's up to you if you want to risk misrepresentation.

Remember that to apply via Express Entry you must have the intention to reside outside the province of Quebec.

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Can you apply? Yes. Should you apply? Well that's up to you if you want to risk misrepresentation.

Remember that to apply via Express Entry you must have the intention to reside outside the province of Quebec.
I don't want to risk it but at the same time it is a matter of maximising my chances, knowing that my score will be if my degree is validated by WES around 460 ~ 462 which is quiet low, what do you advise me to do ? thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't want to risk it but at the same time it is a matter of maximising my chances, knowing that my score will be if my degree is validated by WES around 460 ~ 462 which is quiet low, what do you advise me to do ? thanks.
I don't know what you mean by "quite low" - in the most recent draw applicants with 442 or more CRS points were invited to apply for PR.

You might think you're maximizing your chances, but in reality you are going to shoot yourself in the leg by choosing both.

Reactions: iamxty

artotti

Nov 9, 2018
Hi,
I would like to ask if finally you applied to both program at the same time. I am in the situation than you and I think it can help me maximize my chances. I don't think there should be a misrepresentation problem with doing that. If you get selected and offered a PR by one of the program, you can just opt to go live within the province you say you are going to live in. I am sure that CIC doesn't expect you to not live in Quebec all your life just because when you received ita, you were supposed to live out of the province.

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Hi,
I would like to ask if finally you applied to both program at the same time. I am in the situation than you and I think it can help me maximize my chances. I don't think there should be a misrepresentation problem with doing that. If you get selected and offered a PR by one of the program, you can just opt to go live within the province you say you are going to live in. I am sure that CIC doesn't expect you to not live in Quebec all your life just because when you received ita, you were supposed to live out of the province.
I went though Express entry in the end, as @DelPiero07 pointed out such score was enough, what is your CRS score right now ?

artotti

Nov 9, 2018
My score is 460. I already received an ITA, but I am worried that my application might get rejected since I am planning to use a gift deed to prove 70% of the fund I have and I am not sure if it will go smoothly or not. I know that for Quebec, they ask you to have a much lower pof than for express entry.

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
My score is 460. I already received an ITA, but I am worried that my application might get rejected since I am planning to use a gift deed to prove 70% of the fund I have and I am not sure if it will go smoothly or not. I know that for Quebec, they ask you to have a much lower pof than for express entry.
Forget about Quebec, their Arrima program is suspended anyway for at least 6 months, they have a whooping 18000 applications backlog, I am sure you don't want to waste your life waiting, go ahead with your gift dead as people did in the past, it must be notarised, that's it, in case of a doubt start a new thread about gift deeds, relax my friend you'll be fine.

artotti

Nov 9, 2018
Ouah that's definitely a long waiting time. Yeah, I am gonna try the gift deed and see how it works out.Thank you very much for the answers. Wish you good luck with your application too.