+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply to Canadian University after PR

anish99

Oct 14, 2017
Hello,

I was thinking that it will beneficial if one applies to Canadian universities after getting PR (as people are getting PR within few months if they are eligible ) , the Tution fees drastically gets reduce to at least one-third . Is this a right a way to proceed .? What can be the cons ? Point to be cautious of ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I was thinking that it will beneficial if one applies to Canadian universities after getting PR (as people are getting PR within few months if they are eligible ) , the Tution fees drastically gets reduce to at least one-third . Is this a right a way to proceed .? What can be the cons ? Point to be cautious of ?
Some people are getting PR within a few months - however many are not. We see plenty of people here wait for well over a year to get PR. So that would be one con.

jeesh

Aug 26, 2017
Sri Lanka
Hello,

Planning to do the same. But timing is key, because most programs begin in Fall and there is once a year intake. Disadvantage in North America, because Aus or UK has twice a year.

Universities are very flexible, sometimes will be willing to accept you as an international student, but after you get ur PR, they will change your status.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Sounds obvious but the OP should at least ensure they have any agreement on fees should they apply as international and then get PR status. In writing if possible from whichever institution they approach given they may expect full international fees once the course has started at least for the first year before they flip to domestic. I don't have any knowledge on this so is just a suggestion to ensure no surprises.