+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply study permit within Canada

Darcypura

Mar 27, 2014
Hi everyone,

I've read the CIC website regarding study permit application within Canada, and I don't think my friend would be qualified to apply within Canada.
Here is the situation. She is in Canada as a visitor and she wants to take some language course and then take some academic courses.
She arrived in Canada in Sept so she has to leave the country by March.
Is it possible to apply within Canada?
If apply from her home country, can she apply for visa extension so that she doesn't have to leave the country by March ( school starts in May)
Once she applied for study permit, does she get "implied status" as a student so it is okay for her not leaving the country by March?

Thanks !!

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Darcypura said:
Hi everyone,

I've read the CIC website regarding study permit application within Canada, and I don't think my friend would be qualified to apply within Canada.
Here is the situation. She is in Canada as a visitor and she wants to take some language course and then take some academic courses.
If apply from her home country, can she apply for visa extension so that she doesn't have to leave the country by March ( school starts in May)
Once she applied for study permit, does she get "implied status" as a student so it is okay for her not leaving the country by March?

Thanks !!

1. Its possible only if the language course is the per-requisite of your proposed academic course in Canada.
2. No implied status.

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
Darcypura said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks !!

I'm also applying study permit from within Canada. I already have my acceptace letter. Your friend can apply for a study permit for courses that will take 8 months or more.

Darcypura

Mar 27, 2014
are you currently under visitor status and currently living in Canada?
do you mind what kind of course/school you get accepted to? and have you already submitted/received you study permit application?

thanks !!

mosixuan

Jan 28, 2015
biz said:
I'm also applying study permit from within Canada. I already have my acceptace letter. Your friend can apply for a study permit for courses that will take 8 months or more.
Hi, Bid!

Have you already got your new study permit? I came to Canada to visit my husband and now I am also accepted by a 3-year college program. But I don't need to take a short-term language courses cause I have an IELTS score. I have checked the CIC website but I am still confused that whether I can apply for a study permit within Canada.

Would you like to share some experiences about your application? I believe it could be very useful for me !

Thanks a lot :)