+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for WP Visa individually or as a family

Info_Age

Aug 3, 2023
My wife has recently received a verified LMIA and a Job Offer letter from Vancouver, BC for an Admin Officer postion around 48K CAN $ per annum Salary. We are now contemplating to apply: me as a spouse for OWP and three kids for Student Visas along with wife as the main applicant for her WP (Preferred option as don't want to live separately and only feasible to reside in Vancouver, BC financially if we both earn together) OR just my wife alone for her WP Visa from Pakistan.
Which option has better chances to be approved? We mostly fulfill all the requirements for a Work Permit Visa, except the ties to home (Convince Visa Officer be back home once visa expires) as there will be no family at home, no owned properties and my Director level job in Pakistan would also have ended + we all have been refused a Canada visitor visa 18 months ago due to strong family ties in Toronto, Canada and that we will not return back home. (Wife's siblings and parents are Canadian citizens) as required to be shown in visitor visa application.

We are very well settled here, however, just need to move to Canada for kids excellent future education prospects as compared to pathetic higher education situation in our country.

Please enlighten!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My wife has recently received a verified LMIA and a Job Offer letter from Vancouver, BC for an Admin Officer postion around 48K CAN $ per annum Salary. We are now contemplating to apply: me as a spouse for OWP and three kids for Student Visas along with wife as the main applicant for her WP (Preferred option as don't want to live separately and only feasible to reside in Vancouver, BC financially if we both earn together) OR just my wife alone for her WP Visa from Pakistan.
Which option has better chances to be approved? We mostly fulfill all the requirements for a Work Permit Visa, except the ties to home (Convince Visa Officer be back home once visa expires) as there will be no family at home, no owned properties and my Director level job in Pakistan would also have ended + we all have been refused a Canada visitor visa 18 months ago due to strong family ties in Toronto, Canada and that we will not return back home. (Wife's siblings and parents are Canadian citizens) as required to be shown in visitor visa application.

We are very well settled here, however, just need to move to Canada for kids excellent future education prospects as compared to pathetic higher education situation in our country.

Please enlighten!
Will you be able to show substantial funds / savings?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, long term investments in Mutual Funds, Pension Plan and Savings, etc but no ownership of any property....
I'm asking about cash / available funds to support your settlement in Canada when you first arrive. The pension will not count for that. How much will you be able to show on Canadian equivalent? I would expect that one of IRCC's concerns will be how you plan to support your large family when you first arrive given your wife's income is low. I know you plan on getting a job yourself but you won't have one right away.

Overall, given the lack of ties and previous refusal, it may be better for your wife to apply first on her own.

Yemboni

May 1, 2023
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I advise that you take one step at a time; You or your wife go first, get settled and invite the others
Logic do count when visa officers are making decision. No country want burden ( health, or financial) from immigrants.

None of you (you and your wife) has Canada visa before, travel to Canada before, so logically, you cant assume visa officer will be convinced that you will go and return.

It is about how much you have, or what status you hold in your current country, it is about visa approval protocols

So please, one-at-a-time, will better suit your case, considering both of you have been denied before. No point rushing, and you get denied for the 2nd time

Thank you

Reactions: Info_Age

Yemboni

May 1, 2023
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I advise that you take one step at a time; You or your wife go first, get settled and invite the others
Logic do count when visa officers are making decision. No country want burden ( health, or financial) from immigrants.

None of you (you and your wife) has Canada visa before, travel to Canada before, so logically, you cant assume visa officer will be convinced that you will go and return.

It is about how much you have, or what status you hold in your current country, it is about visa approval protocols

So please, one-at-a-time, will better suit your case, considering both of you have been denied before. No point rushing, and you get denied for the 2nd time

Thank you
It is not about how much you have, I mean

Info_Age

Aug 3, 2023
I'm asking about cash / available funds to support your settlement in Canada when you first arrive. The pension will not count for that. How much will you be able to show on Canadian equivalent? I would expect that one of IRCC's concerns will be how you plan to support your large family when you first arrive given your wife's income is low. I know you plan on getting a job yourself but you won't have one right away.

Overall, given the lack of ties and previous refusal, it may be better for your wife to apply first on her own.
Cash / available funds to support settlement is possible around 20K CAN $. Thanks for your valuable input regarding wife to apply first.

Info_Age

Aug 3, 2023

Thank you
Thanks for your input.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Cash / available funds to support settlement is possible around 20K CAN $. Thanks for your valuable input regarding wife to apply first.
That's on the low end. I would definitely have your wife apply first. Good luck.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022

Please enlighten!
48K, really would be very difficult to manage, I am from Pakistan and also living in Vancouver, BC . My salary is 84K and 2900 monthly paying my rent and I have 3 kids just like also don’t forget you have to pay tax as well.

Info_Age

Aug 3, 2023
48K, really would be very difficult to manage, I am from Pakistan and also living in Vancouver, BC . My salary is 84K and 2900 monthly paying my rent and I have 3 kids just like also don’t forget you have to pay tax as well.
Thanks! Are you there as an immigrant or on work visa? If Work visa, then please share your experience, did you apply individually or with family. Eligibility is one thing but do familes get spouse OWP and kids students visas approved in reality ever? Do you know any family as such, which came this way from Pakistan?

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Thanks! Are you there as an immigrant or on work visa? If Work visa, then please share your experience, did you apply individually or with family. Eligibility is one thing but do familes get spouse OWP and kids students visas approved in reality ever? Do you know any family as such, which came this way from Pakistan?
I am on close work permit and we applied together mine close work permit, my wife open work permit and my kids study permit and our visas were approved but we didn’t applied from Pakistan, we were somewhere else.