+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for Work permit ???

heliis

May 1, 2017
We sent our application in May and got AOR a week ago.
In the checklist we picked the option number 3.
NO---1. Im living currently in Canada.....
NO---2. Im living Outside Canada......

YES---3. I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class). I understand that I may be convoked to attend an interview at a visa office outside of Canada.

Now we are wondering if I could apply for an open work permit and submit it online, we read something about (AIP—first stage "approval in principle") but im not sure when is that, and if after picking the option 3 im consider an outland application and I won't be able to ask for a work permit.

Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We sent our application in May and got AOR a week ago.
In the checklist we picked the option number 3.
NO---1. Im living currently in Canada.....
NO---2. Im living Outside Canada......

YES---3. I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class). I understand that I may be convoked to attend an interview at a visa office outside of Canada.

Now we are wondering if I could apply for an open work permit and submit it online, we read something about (AIP—first stage "approval in principle") but im not sure when is that, and if after picking the option 3 im consider an outland application and I won't be able to ask for a work permit.

Thanks in advance
You applied outland, so you don't qualify for an OWP.