+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply for t.visa while already having one

Fida nasr

Aug 22, 2017
good afternoon

I am a Canadian citizen but my husband isn't
we are not ready yet to apply for the canadian citizenship for him yet because that requires that my girls and I need to stay full time there..which I cant on the mean time because of work outside canada..

so for now we have applied for the visiting visa for my husband last spring 2018. and it will expire on the beginning of june 2019..the issue is he will not be able to go before the expiration date..he can only travel in mid summer...

so can we apply agai for the visiting visa now while the visit one hasn't expired yet?

and is there another visa like an Express visa or something that he will be able to go to canada often rather then applying fir a visa every year?

thank u

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am a Canadian citizen but my husband isn't
we are not ready yet to apply for the canadian citizenship for him yet because that requires that my girls and I need to stay full time there..which I cant on the mean time because of work outside canada..

so for now we have applied for the visiting visa for my husband last spring 2018. and it will expire on the beginning of june 2019..the issue is he will not be able to go before the expiration date..he can only travel in mid summer...

so can we apply agai for the visiting visa now while the visit one hasn't expired yet?
He would need to apply from scratch for a new TRV shortly before his current TRV expires. Generally, applying about 1 month in advance is acceptable. Don't apply before that.

and is there another visa like an Express visa or something that he will be able to go to canada often rather then applying fir a visa every year?
There's no express visa. Depending on the assessment made by the visa officer, he could be given a longer validity TRV that would allow him to visit multiple times until the expiry of that new TRV