+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for Supervisa while current visa is valid!

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Hello all, I am wondering if I can apply for supervisa for my mom while her current supervisa is valid. Her current visa expires on 20th of August this year. Right now processing time for Pakistan is absurdly high (417 days).

I am thinking of following situation.

1. She come to Canada now and we apply for visitor record and extend her stay. though we wont be able to apply for Supervisa while she is in Canada.

2. She doesn't come to Canada at all and we apply for Supervisa right now while one visa is valid (if that's possible) to cut down some time instead of waiting for her current visa to expire.

3. Apply for new Supervisa now, and she comes to Canada on her current visa. Apply for extension while her other supervisa application is in progress. Once she gets here new supervisa. He goes back and come back after a month or so using her new visa.

I am hoping someone enlighten me about above situation, if any problems may occur during about processes.

thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all, I am wondering if I can apply for supervisa for my mom while her current supervisa is valid. Her current visa expires on 20th of August this year. Right now processing time for Pakistan is absurdly high (417 days).

I am thinking of following situation.

1. She come to Canada now and we apply for visitor record and extend her stay. though we wont be able to apply for Supervisa while she is in Canada.

2. She doesn't come to Canada at all and we apply for Supervisa right now while one visa is valid (if that's possible) to cut down some time instead of waiting for her current visa to expire.

3. Apply for new Supervisa now, and she comes to Canada on her current visa. Apply for extension while her other supervisa application is in progress. Once she gets here new supervisa. He goes back and come back after a month or so using her new visa.

I am hoping someone enlighten me about above situation, if any problems may occur during about processes.

thanks
Processing time posted is wrong. It is much faster

Dr2233

Jan 25, 2015
I'm in a similar situation. My mom is currently in Canada on a regular visitor visa, which is expiring at the end of this year. I want to apply for a Super Visa for her now so that she won't have to leave Canada due to that 6-month stay requirement. I noticed that the Super Visa must be applied outside of Canada but can be applied online. I'm just wondering if she can have the biometrics/medical done in Canada and apply online for the super visa.