+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for study permit inside Canada

hannahmay

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am from the UK on a visitor visa, currently residing in Canada. I live with my (Canadian citizen) fiance, in SK. I've been accepted onto a 4 year program in a recognised institution.

At the port of entry, the immigration officer understood my situation and admitted me entry and gave me a Visitor Record, which allocated me an ID number. She told me with this I can apply for either a study visa or a PR visa from within Canada.

My question is, do I apply through the same application those use when outside the country, or is there another application package? The CIC website only directs to one study permit application (that I can find), but it only states it's for those applying whilst outside of Canada.

dufferdexter

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hisar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
04-2014 academic
hannahmay said:
I am from the UK on a visitor visa, currently residing in Canada. I live with my (Canadian citizen) fiance, in SK. I've been accepted onto a 4 year program in a recognised institution.

At the port of entry, the immigration officer understood my situation and admitted me entry and gave me a Visitor Record, which allocated me an ID number. She told me with this I can apply for either a study visa or a PR visa from within Canada.

My question is, do I apply through the same application those use when outside the country, or is there another application package? The CIC website only directs to one study permit application (that I can find), but it only states it's for those applying whilst outside of Canada.
u cant apply for study permit IN canada. u can only extend it.
what u can do is apply online at LA visa office.