+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for PR

kris78

Jan 29, 2016
Hi I am new to this forum and have couple of questions. Could anyone help answering?

1) Can I apply for PR for me and for my family if my family is not in Canada? What is the procedure and how will be medicals and sending passport for stamping done in this case?

2) If all are in Canada and applied for PR and we get to know that we are expecting then how things go. I believe that we have to inform CIC about pregnancy. In that case will my application be put on hold? do we have to wait until the delivery for medicals done and get passport for new born baby? Please let me know the procedure in this case.

Thanks,
Sai Krishna Mohan

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR process in Canada now works on Express Entry system.

First steps:

1) Get your English language test done
2) Get your non-Canadian Language rest done
3) Use Come To Canada tool to see if you qualify

Also congratulations. On your pregnancy news. If you're having a baby in Canada then 100% the baby is a Canadian citizen.

Don't know this 100% but maybe better to wait until.after you have given birth to have Medicals done. Just being cautious and looking out for your baby's welfare.

Any other questions happy to help if I can.

kris78

Jan 29, 2016
Thanks for the reply JoacRy and thanks for the wishes you got the point :D.
However, at present we haven't decided to give birth in Canada or India.
I know if we give birth then it'll be advantageous but considering my situation i am not sure we can cope up with the plan of giving birth in Canada.
That is why i have these questions.

I am pretty sure that doctor will not advise to under go medicals for PR while in pregnancy. Hence, my question will the application be put on hold if we intimate CIC about pregnancy.

First question was if we have decided to give birth in India then what is the procedure. I mean i'll apply for PR after the birth for them as well while they still in India.

Thanks in advance for any replay
Sai Krishna Mohan

kris78

Jan 29, 2016
I am still looking for the answers. JoacRy thanks for your answers, however, they are just the options i should be taking into consideration as a last resort.

However, i still need answers to my questions.
1) Can I apply for PR for me and for my family if my family is not in Canada? What is the procedure and how will be medicals and sending passport for stamping done in this case?

2) If all are in Canada and applied for PR and we get to know that we are expecting then how things go. I believe that we have to inform CIC about pregnancy. In that case will my application be put on hold? do we have to wait until the delivery for medicals done and get passport for new born baby? Please let me know the procedure in this case.

Awaiting answers.
Thanks
Sai Krishna Mohan

spacevash

Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Passed Feb 13, 2016
hi JoaceRY,

I receive ITA under CEC Express Entry on Jan 13. I am done with all the documents but, I need some clarification on Work experience records.

In ITA application portal is states following:

Document: Employment Records

You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them.

I created my Express Entry profile under CEC, after graduation, I worked at Subway Sandwiches for 4 months until I got a job (current job) relevant to my studies. Do I need to provide experience letter for Subway Sandwiches (not relevant to my studies)?

Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kris78 said:
I am still looking for the answers. JoacRy thanks for your answers, however, they are just the options i should be taking into consideration as a last resort.

However, i still need answers to my questions.

Yes. Medicals are done at the nearest doctor listed on the CIC website here http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

You are given the option to delay the x-rays until after the baby is born. In this case your application will be delayed until you provide the x-rays for yourself and the baby has a checkup with a doctor (no x-rays, just a basic physical) and passport for baby.

Awaiting answers.
Thanks
Sai Krishna Mohan

kris78

Jan 29, 2016
Thanks Ozlis.

So I can go ahead and apply for PR now and once it gets picked up and asked for medicals then i can intimate CIC about pregnancy and wait for the birth and proceed after that. Am I correct?

Regards,
Sai Krishna Mohan

spacevash

Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Passed Feb 13, 2016
HI ozlis,

I receive ITA under CEC Express Entry on Jan 13. I am done with all the documents but, I need some clarification on Work experience records.

You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them.

I created my Express Entry profile under CEC, after graduation, I worked at Subway Sandwiches for 4 months until I got a job (current job) relevant to my studies. Do I need to provide experience letter for Subway Sandwiches (not relevant to my studies)?

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kris78 said:
Thanks Ozlis.

So I can go ahead and apply for PR now and once it gets picked up and asked for medicals then i can intimate CIC about pregnancy and wait for the birth and proceed after that. Am I correct?

Regards,
Sai Krishna Mohan
Yep, correct.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spacevash said:
HI ozlis,

It depends if the Subway job is getting you any CRS points in the system.

If not, remove it from your employment history and list only in your personal history section. That will get rid of the document requirement on your upload page. I'm thinking it likely wont be getting you points due to low NOC for that role.

If it is indeed gaining you points, you need to provide the proof.

spacevash

Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Passed Feb 13, 2016
Thank you Ozlis :) That explained