+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for Federal Experience Class with experience gained while studying.

CLapika25512

Apr 19, 2017
Alberta
NOC Code......
Hi all.
I plan on finishing my Master degree while working part time as a tutor at my friend's school. The Canadian Experience Class stream would not accept experience gained while being a full time student, but the Federal Experienced class said nothing about the type of experience you need, so I have two questions:
1) Do I absolutely have to apply under Canadian Experience Class, or can I choose a stream? Do they automatically place me in one stream based on my profile?
2) What is the NOC code for tutor (highschool students and such)? I couldn't find it on their list.
Thank you for your attention, have a good day!

rj2301

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax IRCC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
16-10-2015
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
IELTS Request
26-04-2016
File Transfer...
26-04-2016
Med's Request
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
21-08-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
LANDED..........
13-03-2017
CLapika25512 said:
Hi all.
I plan on finishing my Master degree while working part time as a tutor at my friend's school. The Canadian Experience Class stream would not accept experience gained while being a full time student, but the Federal Experienced class said nothing about the type of experience you need, so I have two questions:
1) Do I absolutely have to apply under Canadian Experience Class, or can I choose a stream? Do they automatically place me in one stream based on my profile?
2) What is the NOC code for tutor (highschool students and such)? I couldn't find it on their list.
Thank you for your attention, have a good day!
1. No you can chose your own stream, you don't have to apply under CEC.
If you qualify under FSW you can definitely apply for it.
2. I really can't tell you which classification you can apply in as tutor for highschool students.
But to be eligible for any of the experience class, you need to have Canadian post graduate diploma or more or you have to attach ECA of your credential of your education from outside Canada.

What type of work permit you had when you were working while studying ?

CLapika25512

Apr 19, 2017
Alberta
NOC Code......
Hi,
The normal study permit allow me to work 20h a week, so I plan on working 15 hour a week for 2 years, and bring that up to 1 year of full time hour.
I finished my Bachelor from a university from Alberta, so I do have Canadian experience.
Thank you for your information!

CLapika25512

Apr 19, 2017
Alberta
NOC Code......
Hi OMG_
It's not apprenticeship, it's more of a part-time job as teaching assistant. Plus I'm not applying under Canadian Experience Class due to that requirement. That's why I was wondering if I can choose my stream (Federal experience class). Thank you!

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if thats the case then there is no such requirement for FSW , so you should be good i suppose

CLapika25512

Apr 19, 2017
Alberta
NOC Code......
Hi OMG_
Thanks to the link you provided, I searched up my case and I found this (sorry I'm not allow to post link):

cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=393&top=29

That means I can't use part time job experience while being a master student to do it. But this link said other wise:

cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=855&top=29

So I have a followup question:
As my master is thesis-based, I do got paid during it. But it's stipend and not taxable, so does this count at all? Provincial Nominee program does not count anything that is not salary (taxable) toward payment.
Thank you for your time!

CLapika25512

Apr 19, 2017
Alberta
NOC Code......
Also, it said here that you can't choose which program you're applying for.
cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1294&top=29

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - You can use this work experience to help you meet the eligibility criteria under FSW (1 year of continuous full-time work experience).

2 - You cannot get any CRS points for this work experience.

3 - You'd be ineligible for CEC so you'll get your ITA under FSW.