+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for CAQ , NEED HELP PLEASE

moe_jarrrr

Nov 10, 2015
Hello,

I'm Applying for CAQ as a student and i know that it takes about 3-5 weaks, but on CIC website they wrote that if i'm applying as a student , I can apply for the study permit before the actual CAQ processes , can anyone explain this.

"Students do not have to wait for the actual CAQ before applying for their study permit. As proof of their acceptance, they can simply submit MIDI’s letter of approval."

That's what exactly written on CIC's website ( I'm not allowed to post links here , if you want to see it just google , "Guide 5269" )

, also does anyone know if there is a difference in processing times between applying online on CIC or applying via VAC.

THANKSSS!!

TOTO-sp

Nov 17, 2015
Hi.

Well, when you ask for a CAQ you'll do it online and then send the documents by post.
MIDI (Immigration minister of Qc) will contact you via your internet account if your CAQ is approved.
they will send you a letter of approval (in PDF format) with all the informations regarding your studies.
then send you the paper format (your CAQ) by post...which will take some time (depending on your location)
so no need to wait for the paper format...just send the PDF one when you apply for the student permit

good luck! ;)

Raad batshoun

Nov 26, 2018
Hello ,

I have applied to the CAQ 20 days ago and I hadn’t got the CAQ yet to apply to the study permit , what should I do ?

*if you have a form of the approval letter from their portal page send it here .

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
It sometimes takes up to 2 months to get CAQ so just wait a bit, you cant apply without it.
Also it is 20 working days after they have received the documents.