+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for canada iec with criminal record

yut2556

Nov 27, 2019
I want to apply Canada iec2020,but I have 4 criminal convictions records in Australia

Drive motor vehicle while licence suspended
Court outcomes: Disqualified 1 year and fined 800

Drive motor vehicle while licence suspended
Court outcomes: Disqualified 1 year and fined 750

Not turn left from multi-lane road from left lane Court outcomes:Fined 220

Not give particulars to injured person
Court outcomes:Fined 220

All records in 2017

Will visa officer refuse my iec application ?

Thanks for the responds

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It will depend on what the disqualifications were for and whether the related to a driving conviction under federal law or provincial law in Canada.

Eg: if “not giving particulars” equates to failing to remain at the scene of an accident, that falls under the criminal code of Canada. You would likely be inadmissible in that situation.

yut2556

Nov 27, 2019
Thanks for respond
I think it is under Highway Traffic Act – “Fail to remain or stop“.Not federal Criminal Code – “Failure to stop after accident”

Because I was charged in Australia under Regulation 287 the Road Rules,Not Section 146 of the Road Transport Act

But the visa officer can know about this law ? they can analyze the case ?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for respond
I think it is under Highway Traffic Act – “Fail to remain or stop“.Not federal Criminal Code – “Failure to stop after accident”

Because I was charged in Australia under Regulation 287 the Road Rules,Not Section 146 of the Road Transport Act

But the visa officer can know about this law ? they can analyze the case ?

Thanks
You need to provide full details to IRCC and they will equate the convictions to Canada's laws to see if you are inadmissible or not.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
That was only an example....why was your drivers license suspended in the first place when you were charged with driving while suspended?