+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for A VISITOR VISA AFTER SUBMITTED Sponsor PR

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi
I had applied a sponsor PR and it was delivered to processing center last September and I did not receive any AOR or other information. My husband was getting sick and he had scheduled an operation about Feb 10th(20 days later).

Can I applied a temp visitor visa to visit him? I heard that once I had applied a PR, it is difficult to get a temp visa unless I had received the AOR or the PR is going to be approved?

I also knew that we could call them and get a temp file number. Is there any possible way to get a visa now if I had a temp file number? I had paid to a layer to consult, she just said I should just apply and explain everything. She also said there is a great chance to be rejected. I did not receive any useful information from her.

I need your guys suggestions.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
I had applied a sponsor PR and it was delivered to processing center last September and I did not receive any AOR or other information. My husband was getting sick and he had scheduled an operation about Feb 10th(20 days later).

Can I applied a temp visitor visa to visit him? I heard that once I had applied a PR, it is difficult to get a temp visa unless I had received the AOR or the PR is going to be approved?

I also knew that we could call them and get a temp file number. Is there any possible way to get a visa now if I had a temp file number? I had paid to a layer to consult, she just said I should just apply and explain everything. She also said there is a great chance to be rejected. I did not receive any useful information from her.

I need your guys suggestions.

Thanks
Just apply for the TRV. You don't need the file number for your sponsorship application and AOR will not increase the chances of approval. Processing times in many countries are quite long right now for TRVs so apply as soon as you can. Make sure you include evidnce to show ties such as employment or property ownership. Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will have a much better chance of approval if he has no family in Canada and the surgery will require someone to help him. If his doctor what type of surgery he is having and can describe the type of care he will need and for how long that would be helpful. Depending where he is in Canada his surgery may be cancelled due to covid.

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
submitted at the end of Jan and submitted BIO info at Feb 4th, No results so far. My husband reschedule his operation to April. There is no extra documents required .What can I do? Call them ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
submitted at the end of Jan and submitted BIO info at Feb 4th, No results so far. My husband reschedule his operation to April. There is no extra documents required .What can I do? Call them ?
Does your husband have family in Canada or is he alone?

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Did you submitted documents related to the surgery for your TRV, if so do, lately they're giving emergency visit visas (aka COVID)..the letter should be from registered doctor/physician from Canada.
we submitted 3 letters, I had written one, my husband written one, the doctor written one (very short one) with some results

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
we submitted 3 letters, I had written one, my husband written one, the doctor written one (very short one) with some results
What kind of surgery is this if you don't mind? Why would the doctor only write results and not describe the surgery and what type of help will be required for recovery? Will he be remaining in the hospital or is this something minor like skin cancer removal (not melanoma). People have different definitions of surgery so want to clarify.

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
What kind of surgery is this if you don't mind? Why would the doctor only write results and not describe the surgery and what type of help will be required for recovery? Will he be remaining in the hospital or is this something minor like skin cancer removal (not melanoma). People have different definitions of surgery so want to clarify.
Something inside about brain.......
We did not receive the MRI result. Due to Covid-19, we can not schedule MRI . We had CT result. The doctor does not very sure about it .....

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
He is not in the hospital. He was allowed to stay at home and contact the doctor through telephone.....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Something inside about brain.......
We did not receive the MRI result. Due to Covid-19, we can not schedule MRI . We had CT result. The doctor does not very sure about it .....
So he isn't having surgery yet if they haven't done and MRI and don't know what is going on yet. If he is eventually scheduled for brain surgery you should get a letter from his doctors detailing the surgery and that he needs to be supervised after the surgery in additional to having someone for emotional support. At that point you should apply for a TRV based on compassionate grounds.