+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLY COMMON IN LAW SPONSORSHIP - OUTSIDE OR INSIDE CANADA?

Cits

May 20, 2013
Hi everyone! :)

I hope someone can clarify my doubt about something I can't really understand.

Considering we live together and we are elegible.

Applying for Common in Law Sponsorship from inside Canada: who as to be "inside"? the person who sponsor? Or the sponsored person? Or both?
And from outside Canada?
And which are the differences? In timing, requests,etc...

And if we apply from outside Canada, do we (I) have to stay outside Canada until they decide? Or I can stay in Canada as a visitor?

Please Help me because I cannot really find out!

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
If you're common law you both have to be living in Canada to apply inland.

Cits

May 20, 2013
brightredscream said:
If you're common law you both have to be living in Canada to apply inland.

And after the 6 months as a visitor, how can I stay longer if I cannot travel outside Canada and I've already done the WHV? Do I have to leave?

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
How long have the two of you been living together? Just 6 months?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Inland - if you apply Inland, you can also apply for an open work permit. If you include the application for the OWP and pay the fee when you submit the PR application, after Stage 1 approval (usually 6-7 months) you will get an OWP. If you submit the application and pay the fee, you are also on "Implied Status," meaning you're allowed to legally remain in Canada until they make a decision at Stage 1. It's not advised to leave Canada, however, because if you're denied re-entry, your application for PR is abandoned.

Visitors can extend their status inside Canada without having to leave. You can submit an extension online or by mail. You can also go to the USA border and "Flagpole" meaning you don't actually enter the USA, just renew your PP stamp. (You can enter the USA too if you're allowed and want to, but it's not required.) I have renewed my visitors status 3 times inside Canada without leaving Calgary.

Inland/Outland actually refers to the Visa Office itself, not where you are physically. However, one of the conditions of Inland is you have to reside in Canada so you can make it to the interview (if needed).

Since you have a holiday visa, you may want to consider applying Outland even though you are in Canada and changing your status to visitor (same way I described about to extend status, just "changing status.") Many of the VOs for Europe are much faster than Inland. Many people even get their PR before Stage 1 would come. It's ultimately up to you to decide, but do some research.

An Outland VO may publish times of 9 months, but many people are done faster than that. London shows 9 months, many people are done 4-5 months. The USA's office (mine) shows 12 months, but people are finishing in 7-8 months. Just something to consider. You can definitely apply to your home country's VO from inside Canada. CIC encourages it! :)

Cits

May 20, 2013
Thank you so much! Now it's much more clear! :D I read the web site so many times, that I know everything, but not that ;D
Thank you so much for having the time to spend here answering at my questions... THANKS! :-*