+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applied WP extension + restoration of status under new public policy Aug 2022

krish28

Oct 11, 2022
Hi All,
I applied for 18 months work permit extension with restoration of status application both into 1 single application on Sep 2022 under new Public policy announced Aug 2022. Application is still in process. If have to travel for family emergency in 1 week without Work permit and TRV. what happen to my application will it approve or it will be abandoned? How will I be able to re-enter Canada? Any suggestion/help appreciated. thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,
I applied for 18 months work permit extension with restoration of status application both into 1 single application on Sep 2022 under new Public policy announced Aug 2022. Application is still in process. If have to travel for family emergency in 1 week without Work permit and TRV. what happen to my application will it approve or it will be abandoned? How will I be able to re-enter Canada? Any suggestion/help appreciated. thanks
You need to notify IRCC since you will no longer qualify/need for restoration. You can send them a webform indicating that you have left Canada to deal with an emergency and no longer need restoration. Do you have a valid TRV?

krish28

Oct 11, 2022
You need to notify IRCC since you will no longer qualify/need for restoration. You can send them a webform indicating that you have left Canada to deal with an emergency and no longer need restoration. Do you have a valid TRV?
no I don't have TRV

krish28

Oct 11, 2022
If I do so, will they still proceed my work permit application and cancel restoration? because both are into 1 single application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If I do so, will they still proceed my work permit application and cancel restoration? because both are into 1 single application.
They should be separate applications. Restoration and then WP. Do you mean you submitted them at the same time?