+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied Visitor Extension Instead Of New Visa

Ruchisp2

Aug 17, 2017
I made the same mistake, so I called cic they ask me apply for correct type but since there's no application number generated for my new file ( even after 5 days)
Anyone have same situation
Can anyone please help me in this regard

Ruchisp2

Aug 17, 2017
Hi
So you think do i need to withdraw my first application which i think and realize i used a wrong form and proceed to a new application using imm5257.?
Hey
Did u apply with new application
Because my situation is same . I sent a request to withdraw my old file and I applied with imm5257 but it has been 6 days for new file and I didn't get submission confirmation (application number) on new file

manish723

Sep 20, 2016
What exactly do you want to do? Extension of status and visitor visa are different things. The first allows you to stay in Canada for a longer period from what was originally authorized (I'm honestly not sure if you need this, depending on your work permit). The second allows you to enter Canada: getting a new visa does not allow you to stay in Canada for a longer period, it allows you to reenter Canada once you leave Canada.
I have a TRV which I got with my study visa and it is valid till 2019, August. But in June 2018, my visa got changed from student permit to work permit. So, I would like to know if I will need to reapply the TRV even though it is valid till the next year 2019 August but the status in my TRV says "Student".

troconis

Feb 21, 2019
Hi there, so I actually don't know if I made a mistake and applied for visitor visa extension, but I filled form imm5257 and I applied 2 weeks ago but I called to the automated cic and put my info in it, and it practicaly says my application takes 106 days to give an answer... Does anyone know what should I do? How to change my app or cancel it and make a new one?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there, so I actually don't know if I made a mistake and applied for visitor visa extension, but I filled form imm5257 and I applied 2 weeks ago but I called to the automated cic and put my info in it, and it practicaly says my application takes 106 days to give an answer... Does anyone know what should I do? How to change my app or cancel it and make a new one?
IMM5257 was the correct form for a TRV.