May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Hello,

I applied for Canadian Citizenship in the month of Aug 2008. I received a file number in the month of Feb 2009 and today I received a letter mentioning that my application is not eligible to be processed. Here are the contents of the rejection paragraphs:

XXX The occupation(s) you indicated that you have work experience in does not correspond to any of the occupation specified in the instructions. As your occupation is not included on the list of eligible occupations, we are unable to process your application at this time.

The NOC codes that you indicated that you have work experience in corresponds to the occupdations specified in the Minister's instructions, unfortunately the main duties that you have listed do not indicate that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC AND/OR that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC, including all of the essential duties. As such, your application is not eligible to be processed.

The NOC does that you indicated that you have work experience in corresponds to the occupations specified in the Minister's instructions, unfortunately you do not have a minimum of one year of continous full time or equivalent part time paid work experience or in that /those occupations in the last ten years. As such, your application is not eligible to be processed.

The processing fee that you have paid is refunabled .You will receive a cheque within the next several weeks.
I prepared my application on my own without taking any Immigration Consultant's help. I thought it would be a smooth ride but even with 11 years of IT experience with proper qualification, it seems to have been rejected.

My concerns / questions are:

1. What is the reason of rejection? iThough I understand that I probably used wrong NOC codes and may not have used the correct Job description as per NOC.

2. What options do I have now ?

3. What is the appeal process ?

Please help.

Thanks,

domingo

Jan 20, 2009
It seems that you applied under 0213, and furthermore it looks like your local visa office rejected the application.

What is your current Job title and what NOC did you use.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is confusing, or am I missing something.?
How come they are refunding the Money, if this is the "Assessment stage" i.e to say the Local visa office!!

My understanding was, you get your money refunded only if you don't pass the initial screening stage. But, once your application is assessed by the Local Office you don't get anything. Correct me if my understanding is wrong?

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
bobbyb,
his application is still in the initial CIU stage. all pre nov and after feb 2008 applications are being sent to sydney ns for 38 noc screening and that's where he was declined so his fees are still refundable.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jtob said:
bobbyb,
his application is still in the initial CIU stage. all pre nov and after feb 2008 applications are being sent to sydney ns for 38 noc screening and that's where he was declined so his fees are still refundable.
A HA!! Ok. Fair Enough!
Thanks JTOB

r_sab

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
What was the NOC Code and corresponding description that you used? That might further clarify the reason.

canada77

May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
I know I am inviting trouble but I do not remember what I wrote there.

payalnandi

May 8, 2009
hi, i would suggest you have a look at this page
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp
and check against each of the NOC codes you qualified against and what you mentioned as your main duties in the application.Apparently, if you mentioned the wrong jobs against the NOC code you used, it would be rejected.Your NOC code should be on this list and you must have done atleast 50% of the duties mentioned under each NOC code.mentioning anything else doesn't help the application as this is the criteria they apply.Plus see in detail the NOC website with the list of duties under the codes.u should choose the NOC code which matches your list of duties, not the title.check with your canadian immigration office about possible options now.

May 3, 2009
First of all my friend you are not rejected under the new rules you must meet one of these following requirements. if not they will return you file and fees.

you need to have one of these.

1. According to the Minister’s instructions, your application is eligible for processing if:

* you have an offer of arranged employment, OR
* you are a foreign national who has been living legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student, OR
* you are a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience in one or more of the occupations listed here.

2. If your application is eligible for processing, you must also meet the following minimum requirements to qualify as a skilled worker:

* you have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment, AND
* your work experience must be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification list, AND
* you must have had this experience within the last 10 years.

3. If you meet these minimum requirements, your application will then be processed according to the six selection factors in the skilled worker points grid. The six selection factors are:

* your education
* your abilities in English and/or French, Canada’s two official languages
* your work experience
* your age
* whether you have arranged employment in Canada, and
* your adaptability.
or visit this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

rojani

Dec 9, 2008
canada77

I'm a bit confused with your case, did you send your initial application together with information on your duties and responsibilities and been rejected, or after submitting the futher documents? At what stages does it rejected? In my knowledge you will only disclose your full job description on the request of further docs only and not in the initial application. You claim that there will be refund thus it should be in the initial stages but your time line dictate that it should reach 2nd stages now and that's request for add docs. Please clarify

levalencia

May 8, 2009
I am interested in this case as I am a software developer with 9 years of experience, I dont want to make any mistake when filling the forms.

Can somebody please give me some suggestions.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0213

Do I need to show that I did those duties mentioned there? Only those?
For example of those duties I have had to:

# Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies
# Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
# Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
# Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems

But there is also something there called> Classifed elsewhere>

I am sure that I will match more duties on the other roles as well that are at the bottom of that page. So I am not sure if must match only the main duties from that website and not the others like:

* Computer and information systems supervisors (in 217 Computer and Information Systems Professionals)
* Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers) (2147)
* Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers (2174)
* Computer services company presidents (in 0013 Senior Managers - Financial, Communications and Other Business Services)
* Database Analysts and Data Administrators (2172)
* Information Systems Analysts and Consultants (2171)
* LAN managers (in 2281 Computer Network Technicians)
* Software Engineers and Designers (2173)

rojani

Dec 9, 2008
i suggest that the NOC you had applied should match the main duties, better revise it and have it formatted with the NOC just like my consultant did. reviewing officer will not justify your application, will just check if it match and decide the matter.