+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied under CEC in Oct 2014 but didn't get the AOR yet

ak595

Jan 21, 2015
Hi,

I applied under CEC on Oct 27, 2014 and my file was delivered to CIC on Nov 3, 2014. But till today (i.e. Jan 21, 2015), I didn't get the AOR for my file.
What should I do?
Will my file be processed under old rules?
Should I apply under Express Entry?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
There might be a delay because now EE seems to be CIC's priority but as per CIC's stated rules, your application would still be processed in CEC even if it was submitted a day before EE commenced.

You might want to consider EE along for faster processing, that is entirely your personal choice and i don't know how CIC would cater that. But fee would be separate for each.

However, in my opinion if you applied via CEC, then stick to it and be patient.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
fkl said:
There might be a delay because now EE seems to be CIC's priority but as per CIC's stated rules, your application would still be processed in CEC even if it was submitted a day before EE commenced.

You might want to consider EE along for faster processing, that is entirely your personal choice and i don't know how CIC would cater that. But fee would be separate for each.

However, in my opinion if you applied via CEC, then stick to it and be patient.
You can register for EE as soon as possible as first few draws might be chances for those without job offer and PNP. As CEC process is really slow you might have a faster way to get PR. If you will be invited to apply by EE you can call CIC and find out if you cen get refund of your fees for CEC (of course if they charge you before that time...I know they haven't charged you yet as I am Oct 27 Applicant and I still wait to charge my CC. As I know you can get full refund before they start processing you application so I guess it will tahe at least another few months for CEC to start process October applicants)

pixelfrontier

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Other folks from this forum who applied for CEC in September 2014 are just starting to receive their AORs so I think you should be expecting to receive yours in February 2015.