+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied TRV from USA (Washington DC)...need help

asifali999

May 14, 2016
Hello

I need your Help

i applied for TRV from USA (washington DC).My stay in USA 28th may. i am in USA for official trip. i am govt servant.

May 7th - Submitted online form
May 7th - Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
May 7th - Biometrics Collection Letter (we need the appplicatnt's biometric)
May 10th - Bimetrics Done ( In Washington DC at ASC) and emailed received on 12th May.

After that i received an other email on 14th May under subject Your application has been updated but application still not change,
status of my file is 'file open' and 'final result is not started yet'.

I am worried about the status of my application.
any body help me what can i do........so for.

Thanks
Asif Ali

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do but to wait.

You should've applied for a Canada TRV when you were in your home country as it is easier to demonstrate your show strong ties. It is possible that your TRV processing will take much longer because you're applying in the US plus you are a government employee

asifali999

May 14, 2016
I received two email form CIC. "your application status has been updated"

but status of my application still same..
what is means that.......

i provided all the relevant doc to CIC like NOC of my department.

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
asifali999 said:
Should i mail to New York embassy?
bcoz i have not enough time to stay here.
That won't help. There is no express service for Canadian TRVs. It will take it's due course. You have no option but to wait.

asifali999

May 14, 2016
Today 18May I received one more email from CIC under subject "your application has been updated"

but status still not change...

what it means that..............plz tell me

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
asifali999 said:
Today 18May I received one more email from CIC under subject "your application has been updated"

but status still not change...

what it means that..............plz tell me
It just means that there is internal work ongoing with your file. You won't know anything more until there is a new message for you in your MyCIC account.

asifali999

May 14, 2016
Today May 25, 2016. Still no response from CIC.
But I want to ask you one thing. If CIC will approve my visit TRV then may I get visa by hand form New York Embassy?
if Yes..
then please tell me way ....

Thanks you so much
Asif Ali

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
asifali999 said:
Today May 25, 2016. Still no response from CIC.
But I want to ask you one thing. If CIC will approve my visit TRV then may I get visa by hand form New York Embassy?
if Yes..
then please tell me way ....

Thanks you so much
Asif Ali
As far as I know, if you get a passport request, it has to be mailed in and the related fee has to be mailed in to a lockbox at a different address.

asifali999

May 14, 2016
Hello,

Today 11 June, 2016.
I received original passport request from CIC.

As mentioned above I applied for visit TRV from USA ( Washington DC )
Now at that time i am in Pakistan. i want to ask you, may i submit my original passport from Pakistan? second may i submit my passport to Canada embassy (New York) directly or Canada embassy (Pakistan)?
urgent reply needed.

Asif Ali

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asifali999 said:
Hello,

Today 11 June, 2016.
I received original passport request from CIC.

As mentioned above I applied for visit TRV from USA ( Washington DC )
Now at that time i am in Pakistan. i want to ask you, may i submit my original passport from Pakistan? second may i submit my passport to Canada embassy (New York) directly or Canada embassy (Pakistan)?
urgent reply needed.

Asif Ali
Whose US address have you given while applying from US? If you still have relatives in that US address, you can just mail your passport to your relatives in that address and then they can forward it to VAC office in new york. Once it comes back to that address with visa stamped, then your relatives have to mail it back to you. If this is not possible, then apply via Canadian embassy in Pakistan.

asifali999

May 14, 2016
i mentioned the hotel address in Washington DC.

Today 13 June,2016
I visited VAS Karachi Pakistan, I discussed the situation of my case. The super-wiser of this centre guide me , he said to me, you can submit your passport here.
So I submitted my passport at VAS at karachi.

But still i am little confuse that, is this right place to submission of my passport.

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asifali999 said:
i mentioned the hotel address in Washington DC.

Today 13 June,2016
I visited VAS Karachi Pakistan, I discussed the situation of my case. The super-wiser of this centre guide me , he said to me, you can submit your passport here.
So I submitted my passport at VAS at karachi.

But still i am little confuse that, is this right place to submission of my passport.
It should be fine. Just include your passport request email as well along with your passport.