+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied to renew visa online, received update emails but website has nothing new

Kaltim99

Jan 9, 2014
Hello,

I'm from Mexico and I study in Canada . I applied to renew my Visa in early December(in Mexico0, online through the CIC website. Yesterday I received an e-mail stating that my application had been updated and to log in and check "Status and messages".

I did, but there is nothing new in there. No additional documents requested, no status updates or new messages. I have tried calling so many numbers, and of course no one is able to help me due to the nature of this.

The estimated processing time for my country is 22 days, which seems about right with getting a response this week.

I'm just at a complete lose as to what to do next, I have emailed them regarding this issue but the estimated wait time for an answer is 30 days....

So here I am, wondering if anyone has gone through something similar.

Also, what is the common next step if my "Renew visa" application is accepted? Will they send me something? Will I have to send my passport somewhere?

Thank you.

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
I had same problem..i email my local visa office who did reply saying to check my CIC account for approval letter...also got one those CIC email of new message in account.

My local office i sure had some influence in sorting this out in few hrs.

I quote my file # and explain the issue i experience.

Took PP with letter in visa office an 30 mins Visa stamp in passport an return to me